Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Amazon Trade-In for electronics

Question I have not been able to figure out: do you send in your trade-in with "return if not accepted" or "don't return".

I did "return if not accepted" and it is being returned, as rejected, a few minor scratches, otherwise everything works great.

If I had marked "don't return" would they have given me the lowest offer? What offer did you receive? Like New, Good.

Please tell me how you turned your item in and did it have minor and I do mean minor scratches? Everything else was fine. My Ipod Touch has some minor scratches on the top in the back. Since it is soft metal I suppose this will happen. It never left the house and stayed in a neoprene sleeve. I only listened to it at night at home.

I feel they (3rd party sellers) are trying to take advantage of you the seller. Just my feeling thus far.

Thanks.

Last edited by new; 11-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I sent my Kindle Touch in to the Trade-in program and set the option for do not return. My Touch was in perfect condition so there was no issue with getting the highest trade-in price they offered. I cannot remember where I set the option to do not return, but it was on one of the screens of info I filled out when submitting my Touch.

EDIT: BTW, the company that was purchasing my Touch had it for 4 days before they finalized the payment, even though Amazon claims the payment will be made within two days after receipt of your item. On the third day I called Amazon CS to check on the order. CS confirmed that the company making the purchase had indeed received it three days prior. CS told me that if the company making the purchase didn't pay me by the fourth day that Amazon would go ahead and put the money in my account themselves. Great customer service! I got paid the next day, though I have no clue whether the money was from the purchaser or from Amazon.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-07-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I sent my Kindle Touch in to the Trade-in program and set the option for do not return. My Touch was in perfect condition so there was no issue with getting the highest trade-in price they offered. I cannot remember where I set the option to do not return, but it was on one of the screens of info I filled out when submitting my Touch.
Thanks for that info. Did you mark "Like New"? Probably so. I don't see how 2 scratches can really deduct to "Good" sometimes (Blossom new HDX) alleged new items has scratches on the back.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Thanks for that info. Did you mark "Like New"? Probably so. I don't see how 2 scratches can really deduct to "Good" sometimes (Blossom new HDX) alleged new items has scratches on the back.
If I remember correctly, there was a link that gave a description of each option. They described what like new meant, as well as good, etc. and gave some guidelines for rating your item's condition. I checked out the link to see how they classified the conditions. I nearly didn't see the link, so you have to look for it.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Wellllllll, Alllllll righttttt.

Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?...qid=1378747894

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

On the trade-in screen at Amazon.com, mouse over the three options in the Condition column for a popup window that explains each option.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon-Trade-in.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	114836  
Old 11-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
new

Quote:
On the trade-in screen at Amazon.com, mouse over the three options in the Condition column for a popup window that explains each option.

Thanks.

Last edited by new; 11-14-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
new

Quote:

EDIT: BTW, the company that was purchasing my Touch had it for 4 days before they finalized the payment, even though Amazon claims the payment will be made within two days after receipt of your item. On the third day I called Amazon CS to check on the order. CS confirmed that the company making the purchase had indeed received it three days prior. CS told me that if the company making the purchase didn't pay me by the fourth day that Amazon would go ahead and put the money in my account themselves. Great customer service! I got paid the next day, though I have no clue whether the money was from the purchaser or from Amazon.
I agree Amazon has great customer service, but I spent over 1/2 hour on the "chat" today and I don't know how long yesterday.

Seems like the 3rd party guys take their sweet time and don't worry about ticking the customer off

Last edited by new; 11-14-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
new

Quote:

Tomorrow I am suppose to get my Ipod Touch back from them. If I do resubmit how do I mark it? DO not return, and if I mark "like new" will they just downgrade it?

Last edited by new; 11-14-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #10
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Scratches are not "like new". Like new is exactly like new.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #11
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Ever bought a brand new car that had a scratch?

Description for "like new" says no visible wear, I wouldn't call light scratches visible wear. "New" means "new". But that really doesn't matter anymore I guess. I am not the judge, the 3rd party buyers are

Still need to know if you mark "do not return" do they downgrade it from level 3 to 2 to 1? Or do you have to guess what they would grade it and they offer that one only? Sounds like a silly question, but just want to make sure.

Last edited by new; 11-12-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post

+1

Anything with scratches is NOT like new!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
new

Can anybody just answer the question please? If I mark trade-in as don't return, do they downgrade or upgrade?

Last edited by new; 11-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #14
new

Never mind I found my answer