Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #16
schooner1892
schooner1892 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks,

I've never been able to open an .exe and my computer geek says not to try. But I won't stay away from them now.

Nice cat.
schooner1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner1892 View Post
Thanks,

I've never been able to open an .exe and my computer geek says not to try. But I won't stay away from them now.

Nice cat.
Any kind of executable (script or Machine code) should be treated with care. Know the creator of source (reputation). Be sure you have an official distribution. And it never hurts to have your security software give it a look
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #18
schooner1892

Thanks.

Do you know anything about editing an EPUB document? I'm stuck.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #19
GMcG
Writer
GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Rafael
- So anything seems to be right. It's Calibre, that causes trouble, not your ebook. Why do you (an amateur) want to edit the work of a professional?
- I meant look at your ebook on a device, not in an emulation or previewer on a computer. As far as I've learned, it's not the same.
- I don't know the Mac world, but I think there is a search function on your Mac too. So look for an application called ebook-viewer (maybe with another extension than .exe), click on it and open your epub. This one won't damage anything.
- There are so many threads here about editing an ebook, that you will find any topic you are interested in.
But didn't you say that you just want to write and not deal with editing?

George
GMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #20
schooner1892

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcG View Post
So perhaps this is an issue of Calibre only and not of the original epub, which may be ok? Can't you control the ebook on a tablet device instead of getting confused by Calibre? […] - So anything seems to be right. It's Calibre, that causes trouble, not your ebook.
Yes that's right. The original epub's OK. I uploaded the book to Barnes & Noble Nook and everything looks fine (attachment—nice, huh?) the cover, the font, everything. I've found an ebook reader, Adobe Digital, and I've got a hold or a color Nook.

Everything's going well now. Thanks for your help.

Rafael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover on Nook Previewer Online.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	92450