Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
mockidol
mockidol began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Question "No Books" in Random Collections on PRS-300

So I just got a new PRS-300 last week and for some reason maybe half my collections don't display right. Some work as expected but others, once transfering with Calibre don't work. The group for the collections will show up on the reader but say "No Books."

Some other series that are the same format and have been tagged in the basically same way show up fine. Is this some weird database issue I'm not aware of? The books are there and show up by title/ author but not by collection.

Any ideas or experiences would be helpfull.

Also, If I tag the books as well, which I usually don't do for the collections, the exact same thing happens.

Thanks in advance.
mockidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
mockidol

I just tried formating the whole reader in case that would help and same thing. 5 collections show up right. 2 say "No Books." In case that helps.

Also, LRF format for all of these books.

Last edited by mockidol; 09-08-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
elot
elot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300 Pocket edition
Hello Mockidol,

I also have this problem.
I still have not found where the problem is coming from.

But i did find a little work-around.
After copying the books to the reader, go to the reader within the Calibre windows (just right of the Library button).
In that window, you can see the books and there tags.
If you find a book without a tag, just double click on the part were the tag should be. Now you can add the tags and series description you want.
This stays in the reader.

But i hope that a definitive fix can be made, because it is not easy if you have to do a lot of books this way.
elot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unfortunately, since I don't have a 300 it's hard for me to debug this. I know it works correctly with the 505, 600 and 700
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
elot

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Unfortunately, since I don't have a 300 it's hard for me to debug this. I know it works correctly with the 505, 600 and 700
I am willing to send you three books.
One that always is wrong/unreadable in Epub on the 300 (page display error), but is readable on the pc.
One that is readable on the 300, but always loses it's tags
One that is readable and always has it tags, so that one always works.
Maybe that will help debugging?
Or can i do something on my side with logging debug mode, so that you can look into it?

Just send me a personal message and i can send you those files.
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just open a ticket and attach the files.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
elot

Okay, i have done that.
I hope you can solve the problem.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
mockidol

My problem ended up being author names. Not sure why but changing them fixed the issue.

"Rowling, J.K." books would dissappear from the collection.
"Rowling, JK" OR "J.K. Rowling" would work fine.

It appears that the 300 has some sort of tag issue when commas and periods are involved.