Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 04-25-2003, 04:14 AM   #1
medman
medman began at the beginning.

Device: sony clie T615
How to speed up file loading in iSilo?

I have just finished creating a file using iSiloX. It's size is around 3mb and it has 2894 pages, yet all are text (apart from 2 small images). I placed it on my MS (clie T615) and when I load it from the iSilo index, it takes almost 20 seconds for it to load. This is much longer than other ebooks I have on my MS which some are even larger than the file I created.
I tried using fast cpu to speed it up, but it made no difference.

Any Ideas how to speed up the loading time ?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2003, 11:03 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
20 Seconds is really a long time. I only have an old 760C (33Mhz), but I've never encounted such a long loading time. Not sure if I had any document with ~3000 pages, but I am sure some of the documents I had were *quite* huge.

Can you split the document into two (or three) to see if it makes any difference?
Advert
Old 04-25-2003, 08:40 PM   #3
broth
broth began at the beginning.

I have the T-615. I can load up the CIA world fact book with images at 7 meg in 10 seconds.

Check how much free memory you have in RAM. This may effect the speed.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:41 AM   #4
medman
medman began at the beginning.

Device: sony clie T615
I decided to reconvert the file, this time w/o images. The result was a smaller file (1.8 mb instead of ~3) which loads much faster (~5 seconds). The original HTML files contained links to images which may have slowed the previous file.
Thanks 4 your suggestions..

By the way, broth, - what can be found in the CIA world fact book?