Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Awwww, thanks, pshrynk. You're a sweetie! We could probably arrange for some of that deep dish pizza to be supplied to said cops, to get you out.
C'mon! It's not stalking if you're participating!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #17
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm going to Paris to be arrested for stalking.
So does this mean I need to Change my Plans???

Quote:
I was thinking about going to chicago to be arrested for stalking, but the cops there are well know for their "exuberance" in detaining.
Man there goes my whole summer! Damn you EXPEDIA!!
JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-08-2008 at 01:47 PM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #18
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Awwww, thanks, pshrynk. You're a sweetie! We could probably arrange for some of that deep dish pizza to be supplied to said cops, to get you out.
Seriously, the Exchequer Pub. The pizza stands up and stays together, instead of sliming out into a pile. It's so good you'll stand up and shout!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #19
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Seriously, the Exchequer Pub. The pizza stands up and stays together, instead of sliming out into a pile. It's so good you'll stand up and shout!
Where in Chi is the Exchequer?
Old 07-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #20
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where in Chi is the Exchequer?
Under the Ell. OK, walk straight inland from Buckingham Fountan for a couple of blocks. It's directly under the railroad tracks. We found it by accident when we were hoofing it at night from the Sears Tower and got lost in a questionable neighborhood. We asked a random student at the street crossing where was a good place to eat, and she pointed it out to us. It's one of those places that we have to re-visit when we are in town. Are you going to be there anytime soon?

Copied from Yellow Pages:

Exchequer Restaurant
226 S Wabash Av
Chicago, IL 60604 Map
(312) 939-5633
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #21
pshrynk

Quote:
Under the Ell. OK, walk straight inland from Buckingham Fountan for a couple of blocks. It's directly under the railroad tracks. We found it by accident when we were hoofing it at night from the Sears Tower and got lost in a questionable neighborhood. We asked a random student at the street crossing where was a good place to eat, and she pointed it out to us. It's one of those places that we have to re-visit when we are in town. Are you going to be there anytime soon?

Copied from Yellow Pages:

Exchequer Restaurant
226 S Wabash Av
Chicago, IL 60604 Map
(312) 939-5633
We get season tix for the Joffrey, so about 5 x a year. Plus just jump on Amtrak for a weekend every now and then.

I know the neighborhood fairly well, but can't remember the Pub. Will have to try it out next time we're there.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!

We love that city! My niece and her husband live in Lakeshore Towers (I think that's the name.) It's Oprah's building, the tall black cloverleaf shaped building on the waterfront overlooking Navy Pier. So that's our excuse for visiting that wonderful city as often as possible. We like to jump on the free tourist trolleys and jump off somewhere, then just start wandering. And get Frango Mints from the big department store, what's it called, to bring back home. I can't remember my own name half the time anymore, but never forget a dessert. Again with the food...

Last edited by DixieGal; 07-08-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: .... And let us not forget the joy of Vienna Beef dogs!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #23
pshrynk

Quote:
We love that city! My niece and her husband live in Lakeshore Towers (I think that's the name.) It's Oprah's building, the tall black cloverleaf shaped building on the waterfront overlooking Navy Pier. So that's our excuse for visiting that wonderful city as often as possible. We like to jump on the free tourist trolleys and jump off somewhere, then just start wandering. And get Frango Mints from the big department store, what's it called, to bring back home. I can't remember my own name half the time anymore, but never forget a dessert. Again with the food...
It's called Macy's now, but any REAL Chi-phile will tell you that it's Marshall Fields. As in the Field Museum. And the Frango's are THE BEST MINTS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!

At the Frango cafe, they have the best sandwich in the world. I'll have to check with the spousal unit to get the exact name, but it is outta this world.

Lakeshore Towers? Nice!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I'm going to Paris to be arrested for stalking.
(feel better now ?)

Quote:
C'mon! It's not stalking if you're participating!
does that mean you can't take me out for drinks while you're stalking ? (i'll choose the bar, but the drinks are on you. you're the one charging 250$ just for a little conversation. i'll give you the conversation for free though.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #25
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Lakeshore Towers? Nice!
Yes indeedy, that's why I mentioned the location, in order to have a chance to brag on our beautiful niece and her handsome husband. He is a realtor and buys/sells those high-end condos all along Lakeshore.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #26
pshrynk

Now, how can I get my stalker coupons if you ladies just keep inviting me in for drinks?

I like coconut rum and cola, btw.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
coconut rum and cola ??? what kind of noxious concoction is that ??? good god man, are you trying to get drunk or commit suicide ? listen, not only will i choose the bar, i'll order as well, show you what a REAL drink is.

(oh, and i never said i would invite you IN for drinks. invite a stalker into my appartment ??? i read the papers, you know !!)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #28
pshrynk

<<this close!!>>
Old 07-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #29
pshrynk

And don't knock the c-rum and cola until you've tried it, missy!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #30
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Now, how can I get my stalker coupons if you ladies just keep inviting me in for drinks?

I like coconut rum and cola, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
coconut rum and cola ??? what kind of noxious concoction is that ??? good god man, are you trying to get drunk or commit suicide ? listen, not only will i choose the bar, i'll order as well, show you what a REAL drink is.

(oh, and i never said i would invite you IN for drinks. invite a stalker into my appartment ??? i read the papers, you know !!)

Sounds good to me. I like fruity girlie drinks! Can I come? Or would a 3rd wheel cramp your stalking style?

Tags
clouds of enlightenment