Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #91
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
I tried to put the K5 file on it and restart, like the tutorial said, but the Kindle Touch said that the "upgrade wasn't successful" during the restart and the Collections Manager still won't work.
NO! A restart gets you the wrong installer.
At least if your using one of our update_*.bin package files.

Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Update your Kindle (With the USB cable un-plugged.)

Last edited by knc1; 08-22-2014 at 01:11 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #92
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
NO! A restart gets you the wrong installer.
At least if your using one of our update_*.bin package files.

Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Update your Kindle (With the USB cable un-plugged.)
I've tried it several times, and it's still not working.
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #93
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
I've tried it several times, and it's still not working.
Spare us a few more words of description.
WHAT is not working?
What do you try and What is the result?
Please be specific.

Above you mentioned Collections Manager as not working, but you are posting in the MKK thread.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #94
mobilis
drowned in old books

I copied the Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install.bin into the root folder, went into Settings and clicked Update Your Kindle.

Then it said Error 07, Update Not Successful during the restart.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #95
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mobilis: That, again, looks like the wrong updater. Do use the "Update Your Kindle" link, not "Restart", and keep an eye on the bottom left corner of the screen for the proper, full error code (which happens to be a 4 characters string, U00N, where N is a number).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #96
mobilis
drowned in old books

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mobilis: That, again, looks like the wrong updater. Do use the "Update Your Kindle" link, not "Restart", and keep an eye on the bottom left corner of the screen for the proper, full error code (which happens to be a 4 characters string, U00N, where N is a number).
Well, which one is the right one? :? Where do I get it??
Old 08-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #97
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mobilis: Err, the right what? Updater? By not restarting the device.

Also, make sure you don't have any other .bin package clogging up the USB root.

As I said, the most likely culprit is an OTA update, so try to reinstall the JailBreak. (And if you use the latest snapshot, that'll automatically install MKK).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-22-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #98
Zombater
Enthusiast
Zombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Can someone please reply to this with the one for the PW2 as an attachment please?
Zombater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #99
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Zombater: First post, and snapshot post linked in the post right above yours.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #100
Zombater
Enthusiast
Zombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
@Zombater: First post, and snapshot post linked in the post right above yours.
That didn't work, it says This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item.

Which one is for the PW2 in the original thread? Just copy the name here plz, and in advance
Old 09-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #101
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Zombater: Better question: What are you trying to achieve, and what have you done so far?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #102
Zombater
Enthusiast

Quote:
@Zombater: Better question: What are you trying to achieve, and what have you done so far?
Okay, so I want to install KUAL.

A while ago I installed jailbreak along with the screensavers hack, this was sometime around 15th August maybe, and now I want to install KUAL.

So I went and installed the snapshot Jailbreak for my PW2. It actually did went to an install bar, but after 3 seconds it said install over, not like when I first did it.

Then I put in the KUAL thing 2.0 and it read "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item."

The solution on the thread - install MKK.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #103
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Zombater: Something wonky happened. There's no actual 'update' process with the JailBreak, you probably had a bunch of stray .bin files in there that messed things up.

Clear the USB root of such stray .bin files, restart your device, and try the snapshot jailbreak again (it includes MKK, provided you restart your device after the install).

EDIT: That, or you're running FW >= 5.4.5, in which case you'll need to downgrade first to be able to JailBreak.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #104
Zombater
Enthusiast

Quote:
Zombater: Something wonky happened. There's no actual 'update' process with the JailBreak, you probably had a bunch of stray .bin files in there that messed things up.

Clear the USB root of such stray .bin files, restart your device, and try the snapshot jailbreak again (it includes MKK, provided you restart your device after the install).

EDIT: That, or you're running FW >= 5.4.5, in which case you'll need to downgrade first to be able to JailBreak.
Damn, yes I am. Anyways, can I just install the MKK file? I don't want to go through that stuff again. Which MKK file is it? And my Screensaver hack is still working, even after the update, so I think the jailbreak is working, installing the MKK file would be easier if you tell me which one it is for my PW2.

, but is profanity allowed in this forum?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #105
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Zombater: Possibly. Does the MKK update process actually ends up being successful, or does it fail with a U007 error (bottom left corner of the screen)?

As for the rest: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines

Tags
kindlet, mkk