Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
taralon
Enthusiast
taralon has learned how to buy an e-book online

Leather Cover for Reader

Ok, this is not the leather cover from sony, and it is not a leather cover made for the reader. However when I was at the Colorado Renaissance Festival in Larkspur earlier today I found what looked to be the perfect leather cover for the reader. It is the D'Vyne Wrytes Paperback Book cover which is said to fit a standard paperback book up to 7" by 4&1/4" by a 2" spine. The web page is www.dvynewrytes.com.

So I bought:

Opening it up, and just test fitting the stock cover that comes with the reader (the synthetic one) it proved to be a good fit. However the little plastic circle was occluded by part of the leather that slipped over the cover, which would need to be trimmed. At this point I also decided to fit it so that the wood button/leather strap latch would wrap around to the back of the reader. This would keep the wood button from creating a pressure point on the screen and possibly damaging it while being carried in my cargo pants. I also trimmed off the green ribbon that would serve as a book mark for a real paperback. After trimming (which was done with a pocket knife so don't laugh):

As you can see after this trimming the fit of the cover was very nice. The stock reader cover fits very snugly inside the leather sleeves with little to no movement. The leather is very soft and supple (unlike the leather covers from sony) and is easily folded back behind the reader. This gives you a much more comfortable one hand hold IMHO as the thickness doesn't cause my thumb to start aching after a time. It also makes a very attractive cover when closed.

And at their store cost of $18 it was a bad price at all. I believe if you order them off the web the cost is couple dollars more with shipping and handleling.
taralon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Very interesting. Great find. Thanks for sharing.

You have found a creative way of adapting a standard object to the Reader.

Good photos too!
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert