Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-21-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
horndj
horndj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Reader for Zinio Software

I am interested in probably getting information that has been discussed at length in the past, and I aplogise for that.

I have just been given a digital subscription to Photoshop User which uses Zinio reader. Reading magazines on my computer is not my first choice, but I understand the reasoning for the decision to go that route.

I would like to buy something like the Sony Reader PRS 500 to be able to read the magazine wherever I want.

Is the Sony reader compatible with the Zinio software?

If not, what device would anyone recommend?

Thank you from Udhailiyah, Saudi Arabia
horndj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:49 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To my knowledge, there are no eink based readers compatible with Zinio. And I would think that PDAs and cell phones are just too small to bother with. So it looks like you are stuck with your computer. Also, if they use color to show you stuff, that won't work well on an eink device as there is no color.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
To the best of my knowledge, there are only PC readers available.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
I think the company behind Zinio may have been purchased recently and it may be a dying format. Anything I was getting from Zinio has now moved over to the Olive reader. I'm not certain who owns he - there might be a note in the archives here.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader View Post
I think the company behind Zinio may have been purchased recently and it may be a dying format. Anything I was getting from Zinio has now moved over to the Olive reader. I'm not certain who owns he - there might be a note in the archives here.
And before anyone asks, no eink Olive reader exists.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote