Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #286
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR w/Glowlight, Kindle 3g, Droid
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.

I don't actually use this plugin, but I did mine it for ideas and code when I wrote my own plugins. So I thought it appropriate to port it.

So give it a try, let me know how it works.

Last edited by JimmXinu; Yesterday at 05:30 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #287
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I don't actually use this plugin, but I did mine it for ideas and code when I wrote my own plugins. So I thought it appropriate to port it.

So give it a try, let me know how it works.
Thanks, it seems to work fine with Calibre version 1.46, 32 bit.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #288
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@JimmXinu - seems OK on Windows 7 SP1, 1.46 [64-bit] and 1.203.1 portable. Tested extracting from Mobi, Epub, PDF, and Lit.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #289
obvious
obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Townk - this plugin offers just a simple and crude way to grab an ISBN primarily for metadata gathering purposes. As soon as you download metadata it will overwrite the ISBN again with one of the matches based on what you selected. So it is fairly pointless for most people to try to get too picky about which ISBN they have associated with the book, because of the way ISBN groups and calibre metadata download works.
Hi - Newbie alert

Once the ISBN info is inserted, what's the best way update title's, authors, covers etc using ISBNs as input for a bulk update.

I hope that's clear?

Edit: I made a guess and filtered by isbn:true which highlighted books with ISBN's in green but did not select them.

Edit2: Ah, I created a virtual library based on isbn:true. If I bulk download metadata for that library will the ISBN take priority when downloading metadata?

Last edited by obvious; Yesterday at 05:35 PM.
obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #290
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
If the metadata for a book has an ISBN as an identifier, this will be used when getting the rest of the metadata. They might also search on title and author, but the first check is using the ISBN.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote