Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
That wouldn't fix anything in regard to the browsing issue your are experiencing. Essentially, your browser still thinks that the temporary upgrade page, which no longer exists, is the new page for the user CP. There is no mechanism for us to tell your browser to empty its cache of this redirect. That's why I have been trying to give you tips which worked for others but for some reason not for you.
I wonder... if you put a 301 redirect at the page you redirected to before that redirects to the userCP section of MR, would that not maybe fix things?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #47
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I wonder... if you put a 301 redirect at the page you redirected to before that redirects to the userCP section of MR, would that not maybe fix things?
Good thinking. But others advised against it. It would cause an infinite redirect loop in some browsers...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I just tried to go on MR thru my Coby Tablet has Addroid OS I Never logged in to MR on it there for No PW have been saved! Did Not Work either. So its not me or my computer.
Using your Coby Tablet, did you actually log in to MR?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Seems I have the latest update 9.0.5 The one you mention is for 34 bit systems & mine is 64 bit.

I did the 2nd suggestion & the only thing it did was wipe ALL my Passwords to All My Wed Sites EXCEPT Mobile Reads LOL

I also tried to log out & back in several times.
9.0.5 is the update version, not the actual version of Internet Explorer. The version of Internet Explorer is above the line in the about box that shows 9.0.5.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #50
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
So if I understand correctly, you have never before used your Coby Tablet to visit Mobileread?
No until now I couldnt remember my PW. I finally found it yesterday... write these things down the miplsce what I wrote them on LOL So anyway I tried it today.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #51
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No until now I couldnt remember my PW. I finally found it yesterday... write these things down the miplsce what I wrote them on LOL So anyway I tried it today.
OK. So you used your Coby Tablet for the first time with MobileRead, logged in, and then pressed the User CP button, which, when clicked, would not show the User Control Panel, but the forum home instead?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #52
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
9.0.5 is the update version, not the actual version of Internet Explorer. The version of Internet Explorer is above the line in the about box that shows 9.0.5.
OK the above that number is the #9.0.8112.16421 So I do have the correct one.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #53
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
OK. So you used your Coby Tablet for the first time with MobileRead, logged in, and then pressed the User CP button, which, when clicked, would not show the User Control Panel, but the forum home instead?
Yep! Just stays on the Home page.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #54
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Yep! Just stays on the Home page.
Let's summarize:
  • clearing your browser cache didn't work, even when you follow exactly the steps as described
  • a completely different device that you haven't used to visit MobileRead from shows the same behavior

In this case, I can only guess that your local Internet provider has cached the redirect. Do you run a proxy at the place where you access the Internet from?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #55
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Let's summarize:
  • clearing your browser cache didn't work, even when you follow exactly the steps as described
  • a completely different device that you haven't used to visit MobileRead from shows the same behavior
In this case, I can only guess that your local Internet provider has cached the redirect. Do you run a proxy at the place where you access the Internet from?
My internet provider is Comcast [local cable co] I no clue what a Proxy is. Or how to check it.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #56
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
My internet provider is Comcast [local cable co] I no clue what a Proxy is. Or how to check it.
Hm, in this case I don't think this is the issue either. A proxy would be the case for instance if you were using Internet from inside a company (or if your son is very techy and has a Linux machine installed as a router).

At this point I am at a loss. May I suggest you ask your son one more time to apply the instruction from here just to make sure that you might not have missed something.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #57
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Hm, in this case I don't think this is the issue either. A proxy would be the case for instance if you were using Internet from inside a company (or if your son is very techy and has a Linux machine installed as a router).

At this point I am at a loss. May I suggest you ask your son one more time to apply the instruction from here just to make sure that you might not have missed something.
Nope I dont even have an online account setup. Router a Netgear. Hes tried twice no luck.

Not often I stump the Experts
Old 04-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #58
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Can you point him again at the last instruction I posted here today. If I remember correctly, your son tried something different earlier.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #59
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Ok What ever was wrong its working now! I just turned it off last nite Not working I just came on its Working WAHOOOOOO Thanks for fixing it!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #60
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Ok What ever was wrong its working now! I just turned it off last nite Not working I just came on its Working WAHOOOOOO Thanks for fixing it!