CINCNORAD
Enthusiast
CINCNORAD began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise//Sony Reader//Nokia N800
Washington Post or NY Times. How come?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:48 AM   #62
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCNORAD
Washington Post or NY Times. How come?
cincnorad, I believe you can find mobile-friendly links for both sites somewhere here on the board. Give the search feature a try.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #63
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast

Yeah. Been searching the sitescooper threads and any tutorials I can get my hands on...
Old 05-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #64
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Have you tried these links:
Washington Post (also scroll down that thread)
NY Times

Sitescooper of course allows you to scrape any parts you want from the original online version of each newspaper. But it is much more difficult to handle, especially if concepts like RegEx are new to you.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:11 PM   #65
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast

Okay... finally figured sitescooper out. And thanks for the NYTIMES link Alexander -- works great!

Now just playing with batch files to automate this whole info gathering routine every morning on my ebookwise. I know someone on this board had figured out how to get the batch file to also load the resulting html files into the eBookwise Librarian program for conversion/loading onto the device. I gotta figure that one out so I can just hook it up, click, and come back after breakfast to have it all done.

Found another good link. Apologies if it's already been posted:
http://www.wired.com/news_drop/palmpilot/

Last edited by CINCNORAD; 05-16-2005 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Updated Link