Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
rjnndy
rjnndy began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet, apple iphone
Strange Glitch, Calibre isn't calculating total

Hi everyone,
I'm having a really weird issue? with calibre. You know at the very bottom of the window it will show the total number of books in the library. Well, mine is showing 4549 but I actually have 4564. (-15 uncounted) I have went through and checked each book by author, series, ect... and they are all there, even in calibre, but for some reason calibre will only show/count 4549...
I only found this "glitch" when I was comparing my pc library and back up library with tree size program. It isn't a big deal, just threw me off for a second and so now I have printed out a list of each library and went over them and they are the exact same, so even though it's not counting them they are there. Just thought I'd let anyone else know in case they come across it.

edit: I apologize if this is not the right forum to post this.

Last edited by rjnndy; 11-23-2015 at 10:16 PM.
rjnndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@rjnndy - run Library Maintenance->Check Library. It runs in two phases; first one is an integrity check, second one matches database with author book folders and reports differences - you'll find the answer in there.

It's invariably caused by some-one/thing messing with the library folder contents.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-23-2015 at 11:13 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #3
rjnndy
rjnndy began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet, apple iphone
Thank you. I figured it out. I have 15 books by two authors and in calibre it counts the books once, but in the actual folders the same 15 are duplicated under each authors name...
Thanks again!
rjnndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:24 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnndy View Post
Thank you. I figured it out. I have 15 books by two authors and in calibre it counts the books once, but in the actual folders the same 15 are duplicated under each authors name...
Thanks again!
The 'duplicate' Book folders shouldn't exist - you must have created then by first adding "A Book" by "Fred & Bill" and then adding "A Book" by "Bill & Fred"

In which case you would have Author folders for both "Bill" & "Fred" one will have a Book folder named "A Book (M)" and the other a Book folder named "A Book (N)". M and N will be different integer values and as far as calibre is concerned they are different books.

Calibre is driven by its database - not the by the file system.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote