Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: What types of books do you like to read?
Non-fiction 60 51.28%
Humour 47 40.17%
Horror 35 29.91%
Indie 23 19.66%
Lifestyle & Home 3 2.56%
Mystery & Thriller 92 78.63%
Religion 10 8.55%
Romance 32 27.35%
Self Help 8 6.84%
Travel 18 15.38%
Science Fiction & Fantasy 95 81.20%
Sports 6 5.13%
How to 14 11.97%
Biographies & Memoirs 47 40.17%
Education 12 10.26%
History 47 40.17%
Parenting 2 1.71%
Politics 13 11.11%
Technical 18 15.38%
Computers 17 14.53%
Comics & Graphic Novels 26 22.22%
Cookbooks 28 23.93%
Historical Fiction 57 48.72%
Religion & Spirituality 17 14.53%
Young Adult 41 35.04%
Travel 18 15.38%
Other (please explain) 19 16.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #31
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
Not to nitpick becuase I kow it would be impossible to list every genre and subgenre, but any such poll really should have literature choices, i.e. "Classic Lit" and "Modern/Contemporary Lit".
I've apologized for forgetting Literature, and putting Travel twice. I did the best I could. It's my first poll. I was more focused on the poll working correctly (and ebing multiple choice) than I was about the list I made. I used as much of the original poll as possible and added other categories using other posters suggestions. You can always use the 'Other' option to add a vote for any categories that I missed.

Last edited by Pookeysgirl; 11-13-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
Kaylee Skylyn
Enthusiast
Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android phone, Kobo Aura, Sony PRS 350
Thanks for this. I voted on this one as only one choice does not reflect my reading habits at all. What I'm reading depends a lot on my mood and the season. Generally read more in the winter but it also is more fiction whereas in the summer I may be reading more non-fiction...generally...I think. I've never actually analyzed what I read. Joining the 2012 challenge will be the first time I've even tracked what novels I have read.
Kaylee Skylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #33
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
Mystery/Thriller #1 for me too.
Scifi, but more like Michael Crichton Sci Fi
True Crime
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #34
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Now I was able to vote.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
Hey, you even spelled humour properly.
humour is correctly spelled humor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #36
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
My favorites are:

Non-fiction
Indie
Biographies & Memoirs
Historical Fiction
Travel
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #37
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll be the judge of that.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #38
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Going by the precedent, humour has quite a few centuries over "humor".
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Forgive me, it's my first poll. I was bound to mess at least 2 things up .
Ask a Moderator to fix the missing poll entries and reset the poll so everyone has to vote again.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
Not to nitpick becuase I kow it would be impossible to list every genre and subgenre, but any such poll really should have literature choices, i.e. "Classic Lit" and "Modern/Contemporary Lit".
I disagree. Literature is not a category. Classic is also not a valid category.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I'll be the judge of that.
Well, humor is the correct spelling. Even Firefox agrees.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
Going by the precedent, humour has quite a few centuries over "humor".
humour isn't funny. humor is funny.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #43
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Well, humor is the correct spelling. Even Firefox agrees.
Well the Oxford English Dictionary disagrees (although does admit to a US variant. But this is very much secondary ).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well the Oxford English Dictionary disagrees (although does admit to a US variant. But this is very much secondary ).
Sometimes the Oxford English Dictionary does make mistakes such as humour.