Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
[Done] Wifi password by copy & paste

To type in my very long, well mixed Wifi password via on-screen keyboard remains a wild-goose chase for me
Is there a way to set that password with copy & paste to an on-board file or an sql command?

Last edited by Koboyashi; 11-20-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Not that I'm aware of; and I'm quite sure the WiFi info does not reside in the sql database but in a configuration text file on the linux side of the box, so NOT in the .kobo directory.

I wonder if maybe the guys working on the plugin over in the Dev forum might be able to do something to help?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
To type in my very long, well mixed Wifi password via on-screen keyboard remains a wild-goose chase for me
Is there a way to set that password with copy & paste to an on-board file or an sql command?
My Wifi password just is remembered by the device (touch!).

Tip: just use wifi, not try to connect it. Once you have connected, next time you use a wifi-function, it automatically connects, even if Wifi was switched off in the mean-time. If you try to manually connect, you have to type the password in every time.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Not that I'm aware of; and I'm quite sure the WiFi info does not reside in the sql database but in a configuration text file on the linux side of the box, so NOT in the .kobo directory. ...
You're right. This info lives in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf - but the password (psk) is highly encrypted (not MD5).
Lol, finally I managed to type in the key - maybe I was only impatient ...
Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by echwel View Post
My Wifi password just is remembered by the device (touch!).
Same here (as far as my Touch goes), but if I just look at the Glo funny, I have to re-enter my Wifi info.

This morning's experience: I simply turned off the router in the house on my way out the door for Holiday provisions while the Glo's Wifi antenna was still active.

Er, whoops.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Koboyashi
Zealot

double post, plz ignore *grmbl*

Last edited by Koboyashi; 11-21-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Koboyashi
Zealot

@echwel & oj829:

Well, my trouble was not whether the device records the password or not. I simply repeatedly failed to enter my huge password with the on-screen keybord. So I looked for another solution. Meanwhile I managed it.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A good password can be a pain in the behind to enter but remember you are only doing it once, after that you are set.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
A good password can be a pain in the behind to enter but remember you are only doing it once, after that you are set.
Er, no. I think the point of some of this thread is that while Rock and Roll never forgets.... the Glo does. And not just after a firmware refresh/load.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
Koboyashi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
True. I remember how lucky I was when I noticed, that both my Touch & Glo remember the password .
I just saved the file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf - in case of a factory reset or similar this could be useful.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
and sometimes the touch doesn't remember it, either!

since the 2.1.5 upgrade, no amount of tinkering has caused my Touch to remember my password. before the upgrade, no problem with it remembering all my passwords.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
Koboyashi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
and sometimes the touch doesn't remember it, either!

since the 2.1.5 upgrade, no amount of tinkering has caused my Touch to remember my password. before the upgrade, no problem with it remembering all my passwords.
Maybe you have to sync on the Touch (not via desktop app) once at least.