Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Visitor messages and conversations

I've recently discovered conversations in visitor messages, which I think is a very good feature. It was out of curiosity, after clicking on the "View Conversation" link under a message.

I was wondering if maybe it would be easier to discover and use if the link "New visitor messages" in the Control Panel main view would take one to the Conversation with the user posting the message instead of leading to the Visitor messages view.

I understand that there might be cases where the Visitor messages view is more useful (such as a 3-people conversation via visitor messages on one's profile), but I guees it depends on one's use of the feature.

How are you using it yourself ?
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ah, the visitor messages ! these were the source of much confusion when they were first implemented, and much discussion about how to properly use them : reply to them directly on your own page, or on the other person's page ? the first option makes continued conversation dependent on the other participant remembering to go back there to check for a reply from time to time, but the second option seemed disjointed to some people... until they discovered the "view conversation" button.

your idea of linking from the user cp directly to the conversation is interesting, but like you said there are frequently 3-person conversations going on...

for your question, myself, i read the comments on my own page (so i can see if anybody else is participating there) then i usually click "view conversation" to reply so i can see the comment i am replying to and the previous conversation, and then i go to the other person's page, to see if anybody else is participating *there*.

it's a whole process. i admit i like it though.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, read the conversation between Z and myself on Visitor Messages and conversations. Also, see my confusion when she talks about "Evesdropping" and I started to look for the "Evesdropping" link.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote