Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
fcr
fcr began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Japanese dictionary application (KindleEdict, GPLv3)

Hi,

Before anything I'd like to thank you all the people of this forum, and specially to those developers that jailbroken & posted help regarding development on this ebook reader.

I'd like to present a simple GUI for the common English->Japanese, Japanese->English dictionary EDICT. This gui is just a text entry where we can search text in japanese (like "kinnen"), or in english (like "useful").

License: GPLv3

Instalation:
  • Make sure you have the usbNetwork hack installed
  • Update the developer.keystore key (it's the same key as the one used at the kindleterm mod by hawhill, and I believe it's the original key by adq), just place that key on /var/local/java/keystore/
  • Copy KindleEdict.azw2 to documents/
  • Open and close the program, this will generate the developer/KindleEdict/work directory.
  • Uncompress & put edict-common in that directory (developer/KindleEdict/work). If you're using edict from upstream, just make sure it's encoded in UTF-8, (name this text file "edict-common", with no extension)
  • Enjoy

Files and stuff:
fcr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, edict, japanese, kindle