Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #16
Agentbolt
Agentbolt began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Interesting. Like I said, it's encouraging that it does install (and I'll bet most of the other Apps I can't get to install or load on Amazon's store could be sideloaded in this manner if the apk's can be found)

I did some more troubleshooting on Angry Birds, it doesn't matter which orientation the tablet is set to, including changing reader and tablet back to their original sides. I might give Rio a try, thanks emusan. Honestly though, it really seems to struggle even displaying the title screen (although admittedly I was unable to turn off the background) so I'm back to needing to overclock this thing a bit before the ability to install Angry birds is anything other than an academic success.

I'll give Logcat a more thorough look and see if I can figure out what's going on with SETcpu. Thanks again for the cool info everyone.
Agentbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #17
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Angry Birds runs completely fine. However, I have access to the Android Market, which lets me actually download it. The Amazon Appstore automatically checks if the sdcard is mounted, so it won't even let me download. If you don't have access to the Android Market, your best bet is to find the apk somewhere online and sideload it. Now, there is a catch: once you get the game working, you need to click the mountain icon in the settings menu. This should turn off the background. Otherwise, the game is slow and unresponsive. Once you turn the background off, it's totally playable. It's actually kind of cool with the big screen.

Angry Birds Rio is more graphically intensive than it seems at first glance. Before I rooted my Optimus V, it was just barely playable, so I didn't expect it to work on my eDGe. Personally, I'm more interested in getting Fruit Ninja to work at a decent speed. It would be awesome with the big screen, which would make my fiancee love me forever.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #18
Cloud M.D.
Cloud M.D. began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Good day to everybody!
Can you help me - i have a big trouble with 3G Modem (Huawei) and EE under -0.9 Ermine beta. I can't connect to internet. Still can't connect. Maybe there's some kind of tweak or fix for this problem?
I'll be rather grateful.
With best regards, CMD.
Cloud M.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #19
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

What exactly is going on with it? Can you give us more details about the modem? Is it a USB device? Not sure if it will work if that is the case.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #20
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
Angry Birds runs completely fine. However, I have access to the Android Market, which lets me actually download it. The Amazon Appstore automatically checks if the sdcard is mounted, so it won't even let me download. If you don't have access to the Android Market, your best bet is to find the apk somewhere online and sideload it. Now, there is a catch: once you get the game working, you need to click the mountain icon in the settings menu. This should turn off the background. Otherwise, the game is slow and unresponsive. Once you turn the background off, it's totally playable. It's actually kind of cool with the big screen.

Angry Birds Rio is more graphically intensive than it seems at first glance. Before I rooted my Optimus V, it was just barely playable, so I didn't expect it to work on my eDGe. Personally, I'm more interested in getting Fruit Ninja to work at a decent speed. It would be awesome with the big screen, which would make my fiancee love me forever.

Which version are you running? I downloaded version 1.5.3 from Freeware Lovers and it wouldn't install.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/angry-birds
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #21
Cloud M.D.
Cloud M.D. began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
kennyminot, modem is USB-stick Huawei E156G and it works perfectly with Dingo 1.11 release for EE.
But with Ermine, after I create new broadband connection and click 'connect' - it says 'connecting' and never connect to.
I try to connect thru PC with usb-cable, wi-fi and blutooth. Nothing. Maybe it's just Ermine's bug? Maybe it is possible to recombine Dingo and Ermine or with other A2.2 edits some way?

Regards.

Last edited by Cloud M.D.; 06-10-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Cloud M.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #22
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
build.prop

I added these 3 lines to my build.prop - things I've found around the internet. The LCD density increases the resolution just a hair (enough for maybe 3 more icons on the home screen)

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 90
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60
ro.sf.lcd_density=120
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #23
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
what does the windowsmgr do?
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #24
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
what does the wifi line do?

Have anyone be able to get adhoc working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugami View Post
I added these 3 lines to my build.prop - things I've found around the internet. The LCD density increases the resolution just a hair (enough for maybe 3 more icons on the home screen)

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 90
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60
ro.sf.lcd_density=120
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #25
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
what does the wifi line do?

Have anyone be able to get adhoc working?
I think the wifi line will make it scan for wifi signals more or less often, thereby increasing or decreasing battery life.

And I don't think anyone has gotten adhoc working yet, sorry(I don't think it would be that hard though, probably just some drivers or something).
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #26
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec makes the scrolling smoother and kills some of the "false clicks" i get when using my finger instead of the stylus.

wifi.supplicant_scan_inteval increases the time between scan pulses. Keeps wifi chatter to a minimum when not actively using it.

For some reason I can't save my wifi sleep settings. I need to see if I screwed some permissions up or something. i was trying to change it to sleep on screen off and it will click, but if I back out the setting reverts to normal.
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #27
Agentbolt

Kennyminot, what version of Angry Birds are you running? As stated before, I'm sure it WOULD run fine if the background is disabled, however at least some of us are having problems even opening the menu to do it. I'd tried running it with the screen rotated 90 degrees both ways, with the display option set to have the LCD on left or right, nothing works. You can't click any of the menu options, or if you can, you have to actually click/tap on a blank space way above the icon, or on the opposite side of the icon, or whatever. If you try to click on the mountain icon itself absolutely nothing registers. Even when I tried to just run the game as-is, scrolling through the different episodes was reversed, scrolling from left to right made the icons go right to left.

Obsessed2, remember, if you've downloaded the .apk, you need to install it from the internal 2GB SD card, and any external SD card needs to be unmounted, or it won't work, the install will fail.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #28
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentbolt View Post
Kennyminot, what version of Angry Birds are you running? As stated before, I'm sure it WOULD run fine if the background is disabled, however at least some of us are having problems even opening the menu to do it. I'd tried running it with the screen rotated 90 degrees both ways, with the display option set to have the LCD on left or right, nothing works. You can't click any of the menu options, or if you can, you have to actually click/tap on a blank space way above the icon, or on the opposite side of the icon, or whatever. If you try to click on the mountain icon itself absolutely nothing registers. Even when I tried to just run the game as-is, scrolling through the different episodes was reversed, scrolling from left to right made the icons go right to left.

Obsessed2, remember, if you've downloaded the .apk, you need to install it from the internal 2GB SD card, and any external SD card needs to be unmounted, or it won't work, the install will fail.
I unmounted and even removed (just to be sure) the ext SD card per your previous post and it was still no go.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #29
kennyminot
Groupie

Agent -

I have the version on the market, 1.5.3. If you have it installed, I have no clue why it won't run. It works perfectly fine on mine. Is there anything running in the background that might be interfering with it, maybe?

Obsessed -

Are you unmounting the /extsdcard or /sdcard? When you try to access the relevant folder in Root Explorer, does it tell you that it is unmounted?

The Edge is a little weird. The folder "/sdcard" is actually your internal memory. However, Angry Birds and other application still act like it is the sdcard. For that reason, I don't think just pulling out the sdcard will work. In addition, you won't have any luck unmounting it from the settings menu. Unfortunately, the /sdcard will still be mounted, so you'll still get the error messages. Most likely, your only option is to manually unmount your sdcard from the terminal window (one big advantage of swapping the two drives - switching /sdcard for /extsdcard - is that you'll no longer have to worry about that problem; you can just pull out your sdcard).

Last edited by kennyminot; 06-10-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #30
Agentbolt

Obsessed, my setup may be different because I moved my filesystem to the SD card itself. I had to run the install file from the intsdcard directory of the root of the device, and had to do so with the SD card ejected.

Between my issues with the input icons being nonfunctional and obsessed's install not working, this is a temperamental little beast