Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #61
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When it was available I did download the java viewer. But how do I get it out of that container format it's in?
I made a slight mistake in the run.bat file. On Windows the jar/zip files are seperated by a ; instead of a : So if you edit run.bat and change the 2 :'s to ;'s it should work...

Aenea
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:47 AM   #62
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
So the next question is where are these files? I have no Linux experience and the following directions is where I am thrown. I believe it is for linux so what is the equivalent for Windows? The directions are:
Simple answer: there are none, not easy ones any way. The program will work under windows if you manage somehow to get the missing files. I'm sorry I can't give them to you. You might ask someone else though...

Also, the run.bat has a little mistake, change the part that reads:
irex.jar:MobipocketCoreReader.jar:decoder.zip
to:
irex.jar;MobipocketCoreReader.jar;decoder.zip

Aenea
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 AM   #63
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Aenea,

I have the irex files since I own an iLiad. I was just wondering about the same thing that JSWolf said: Moving them from the container. I will go and edit run.bat and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #64
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I have the irex files since I own an iLiad. I was just wondering about the same thing that JSWolf said: Moving them from the container.
I just ordered an iLiad, so I don't have direct experience yet, but if you have an iLiad I think the easiest way to get the needed .jar files is to copy them from /home/intent on the iLiad to (say) a USB stick on the iLiad. Then move the USB stick to your PC. This way there is no need to go through the mount/unmount step (which I assume is only needed for non-iLiad Linux machines). Then:

1) Extract the mp-0.4.zip to C:\mp
1a) Edit run.bat (change ": " to ";")
1b) Copy the iLiad .jar files from USB stick to C:\mp
2) install Sun's Java JRE (-> http://www.java.com/getjava/)
3) Start menu->Run->cmd.exe (or Start menu->Accessories->Command Prompt)
4) cd C:\mp
5) run.bat <prc file> <your PID> <output dir>\

End the output directory name with the directory delimiter ("\" on Windows).

If you are new to cmd.exe, note that <tab> will complete a filename (or a partial filename) if you have typed enough letters to uniquely identify it and the arrow keys will bring up previous commands and allow you to edit them.

Alan.

Last edited by wallcraft; 09-14-2007 at 08:51 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #65
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
If you have an iLiad, you can download mrxvt and run the following command.

Be sure to note the spaces.

To copy java files to your USB key:

Code:
cp /home/intent/*.jar /mnt/usb/
To copy java files to your SD/MMC card:

Code:
cp /home/intent/*.jar /mnt/card/
To copy java files to your CF card:

Code:
cp /home/intent/*.jar /mnt/cf/
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #66
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wallcraft and Adam thanks for the directions. I will try this

Ellen
Old 09-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Wallcraft and Adam thanks for the directions. I will try this

Ellen
Did it work?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #68
imaredr
Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did it work?
I got the files off of my iLiad thanks to Adam. I had to get the shell hack and mrxvt then install etc. The terminal window is so small I had to use my magnifying glass to make sure I was typing correctly. So now I will try to run the decoder and I will let you know.

Ellen
Old 09-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #69
imaredr
Collector

Thanks all. I got it to work.

edit:
I no longer have the files so please stop PMing me for them.
Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 10-04-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Ppl are PMing me to send files.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #70
voodoo
voodoo began at the beginning.

Device: i-mate
hi all...

sorry for this but,
where can I download "Secure Mobipocket Decoder v0.3" or 0.4 ...!!?
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #71
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For most purposes, you can use Mobipocket Decoder Tool instead.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #72
voodoo
voodoo began at the beginning.

Device: i-mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
For most purposes, you can use Mobipocket Decoder Tool instead.
really thx 4 ur help...

I've followed all the posts, but many Links are broken...! at last, I can't find any useful application...!

I just want a simple Link, or simple application, or maybe simple help(!) that DeCodes my mobipocket ebook.

thx for this in advance.
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #73
wallcraft
reader

Googling mobidedrm now finds many copies of the file, but DarkReverser's WebLog is the closest reference to the original (look at its most recent comments).
Old 06-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #74
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
There is a .torrent around, look in XXXXXXX.

Art

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-16-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: name of site removed for obvious reason
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #75
illiad_fan
illiad_fan began at the beginning.

Device: Illiad
Illiad jar files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
Simple answer: there are none, not easy ones any way. The program will work under windows if you manage somehow to get the missing files. I'm sorry I can't give them to you. You might ask someone else though...

Also, the run.bat has a little mistake, change the part that reads:
irex.jar:MobipocketCoreReader.jar:decoder.zip
to:
irex.jar;MobipocketCoreReader.jar;decoder.zip

Aenea
Hi Illiad gurus, I'm an Illiad newbie, I'm researching about Java Illiad SDK. However, I have not bought an Illiad yet. I intend to discovery the SDK before buying one. Could you please send me the link to download these files: irex.jar:MobipocketCoreReader.jar:decoder.zip:book 2:
illiad_fan is offline   Reply With Quote