Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Official Sigil Twitter account

I've decide to create an official Twitter account for Sigil. Why? Because on many occasions I've felt the desire to provide more up-to-date info on Sigil's development, but didn't think it was worth writing a whole blog post about.

Now it will be possible to occasionally say something like "I'm working on X, and it looks like this: [PICTURE]", or "Life got complicated, dev work stopping for a couple of weeks", or "A new release should be coming in the next few days" etc. That last example is a good one; such pre-announcements would enable people (and especially larger organizations) that are using Sigil to prepare for a new release.

The updates should be fairly low-volume (also, erratic; I'll post when I feel I have something worthwhile to share with others).

FlightCrew-related info will also end up there.

The dev blog will still be around as it's not being replaced.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Following. I hardly use twitter though...

You are really teasing in your messages...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
You are really teasing in your messages...

I'll have something more concrete to show soon.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post

I'll have something more concrete to show soon.
Perhaps a return to early telegraphy would be more appropriate.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Perhaps a return to early telegraphy would be more appropriate.
Don't knock telegraphy, Morse code is awesome.
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Don't knock telegraphy, Morse code is awesome.
I carry a FCC Second Class Telegrapher w/ Radar Endorsment and had Amateur Radio Calls of W5JHR and W0HQA w/ V02 priviliges.

Can we implement on the net?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Now on twitter: a screenshot of version 0.4 which looks very promising!!!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Anyone care to post the screenshot. I don't have twitter in my Internet :-)

I hope 0.4 brings the "keep everything by default" since right now I wanted to repack tidily some epubs with Sigil but I would lose the TOC. Maybe next version I could let Sigil repack all files into neat folders but keep the original TOC working.
Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleccionista View Post
Anyone care to post the screenshot. I don't have twitter in my Internet :-)

I hope 0.4 brings the "keep everything by default" since right now I wanted to repack tidily some epubs with Sigil but I would lose the TOC. Maybe next version I could let Sigil repack all files into neat folders but keep the original TOC working.
Does this work? http://twitpic.com/40iy34/full
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #10
Coleccionista
Connoisseur

Thanks, it works. And a live TOC with the option (not the obligation) of generating a new one from headers looks SWEET.
That and keeping metadata will go a long way to help do me some quick typo fixes without having to rebuilt TOCS or losing custom tags.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleccionista View Post
And a live TOC with the option (not the obligation) of generating a new one from headers looks SWEET.
That's exactly what's coming. The TOC sidebar is "live" in multiple ways: single-clicking on an item takes you directly to the target. Also, typing in the NCX tab updates the TOC pane live (without slowdowns, background threads are used to update the sidebar).

The incoming NCX is preserved by default. The "Generate TOC from headings" button in the TOC sidebar let's you generate a TOC from the headings, overwriting the old NCX. The only time when the NCX is overwritten is when you push that button and select OK in the next dialog.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
Coleccionista
Connoisseur

Excellent! Gone are the days when I had to browse through tens of html files and head some items after my desire to fix some errors in the ePUB with Sigil overcome my laziness of losing the ePUB TOC.
For producing new ePUBs the H1, H2... are quite simple and fit the task very well, but for already created ePUBs with no headers and custom TOC it was a real tradeoff.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:11 AM   #13
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Hey! That's my Conan ePUB!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 AM   #14
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Hey! That's my Conan ePUB!
Yeah, it has become one of my main test files (I have about twenty of those). It's a big file with a large TOC, good code, an SVG cover, lots of meta, embedded fonts etc. A truly exemplary, this-is-how-epubs-should-be-done ebook.

Oh, it's a good read as well.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #15
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Excellent news. About to follow.
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote