Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #1411
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks Ixtab.

I'll wait untill hyphenation and marging works in 5.3.5. I prefer to have hyphenation and marging working in my PW than Amazon new searching features.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #1412
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
awesome work - thanks a lot
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #1413
elborak
Enthusiast
elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
ixtab,

If it's any consolation for having to put up with Amazon constantly putting nails in your tires, your work is greatly appreciated. And the Laos Literacy Project now has a bit more funds as a direct result of that appreciation.
elborak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #1414
jamd1
jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle touch
Hello... First, Thanks for this great app....
I have a problem.. after install the last version 4.0 --- I saw the publicity of amazon again ..I don´t know if there is a problem with the patch for this issue.
Thanks!
jamd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #1415
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamd1 View Post
.. after install the last version 4.0 --- I saw the publicity of amazon again ..
Not sure what you mean by this... could you clarify?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #1416
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamd1 View Post
Hello... First, Thanks for this great app....
I have a problem.. after install the last version 4.0 --- I saw the publicity of amazon again ..I don´t know if there is a problem with the patch for this issue.
Thanks!
JBPatch does not support removal of Special Offers anymore because of the clarified mobileread policies concerning that.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #1417
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OT Music post

... totally off-topic - you can ignore this post.

But for some reason, I just felt like sharing these 1990s songs

Downset - Anger: (Lyrics)
Spoiler:

Rage Against The Machine - Bullet in the Head: (Lyrics)
Spoiler:

Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #1418
mano42
mano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to behold

Device: k3, k4, k5, pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
... totally off-topic - you can ignore this post.
Hihi, I could not ignore them, classic

any news for 535?
mano42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #1419
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Be a couple of weeks... minimum... maybe more like a couple of months.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #1420
Elendiar
Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle PW3
Hello! I dont understand something. Install JB patch for PW, and have 3 patches in menu. In wiki sayed that all patches included in JBp. When i want download and install, for example, password protection patch, there was written to download him from attached files, but there was no attached files Or this patch incompatible with 531 PW version ?
Elendiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #1421
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendiar View Post
Or this patch incompatible with 531 PW version ?
If you don't find those patches within a certain package they're likely no longer maintained/compatible with that version.

As Ixtab has stated many times, he plains to maintain only margins, hyphenation and dictionary lookup patches. You can find more infos on post #1 of this thread.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #1422
xiaoguixp
xiaoguixp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
My Kindle PW automatically updated itself to FW 5.3.5 yesterday. Of course all the patches are not working again. I tried reinstalling FW 5.3.4, but after 10 mins with WiFi on, it again updated itself to 5.3.5. I really miss the margin patch.
I hate to ask, but is there any news for patches for 5.3.5, especially the margin patch? Or is there any way to keep the Kindle from updating itself?

Thanks!
xiaoguixp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #1423
ixtab
(offline)

I'm sorry, but I'm currently busy with real life.

This means that support for 5.3.5 for both JBPatch and Collections Manager is deferred indefinitely (if it will ever come).

Blame it on Amazon and their declared intention to fuck independent developers over as much as they can.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #1424
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoguixp View Post
My Kindle PW automatically updated itself to FW 5.3.5 yesterday. Of course all the patches are not working again. I tried reinstalling FW 5.3.4, but after 10 mins with WiFi on, it again updated itself to 5.3.5. I really miss the margin patch.
I hate to ask, but is there any news for patches for 5.3.5, especially the margin patch? Or is there any way to keep the Kindle from updating itself?
Back Door Lock

As for the Patch you need to roll back to the previous firmware and reinstall whatever you need. I'm on 5.3.3 with JBpatch 3.2.1, with the back door lock so no surprises.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-22-2013 at 10:54 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #1425
ren41
Connoisseur
ren41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, iPad2, iPhone 6S+, iPhone 8
I have received a replacement paperwhite and it already had 5.3.5 installed. Does anyone have a link to 5.3.4, please? I have searched the forum but can't find one.

many thanks

ren
ren41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks