Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
un-root?

How do I un-root my classic nook? I tried just installing 1.5 but it now gives me the option of using home or launcher. I know I know how to do a reset but I am haing a brain freeze right now.

I was thinking of lending my nook to my 11 year old niece until spring when I will need it for outside reading. Her bday is may and she will probably be getting her own then. Because she has a few younger siblings and it could get broken (I have the accidental warranty) I don't want it rooted just in case. I don't want B&N to void the warranty.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Nakaleen
Enthusiast
Nakaleen has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch / Kindle DX (damaged screen)
You can do the 'Factory reset'

Hold down the power button for 12 sec. Then release and press it again for 12 sec. Do this 6 times. The nook will then reinstall the default OS (1.4 or 1.5 or older OS depending on whats installed on the nook)

This will wipe everything and make it the same as when you got it from B&N.
Nakaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Thanks. I will do that.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
2twisty
2twisty began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1005xx
I've been trying to factory reset my eInk nook for a couple hours now. I follow the procedure, but it never does a factory restore. It says "checking for updates." and then boots up, but it's still rooted.

My nook was one of the first units to come with 1.5 on it from the factory.

I'm stumped. I can't have done it wrong this many times in a row!

Please advise.
2twisty is offline   Reply With Quote