Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (October 1, 2012)

2013 RITA Winner for Inspirational Romance
2013 Christy Award Winner for Historical Romance
2013 Daphne du Maurier Award Winner for Inspirational Romantic Mystery/Suspense

Note: Wow to get this for free when it just won a RITA is awesome!
I saw it and did a squee! It was on my wishlist.

Quote:
After a childhood rampant with uncertainty, Lydia Pallas has carved out a perfect life for herself. She spends her days within sight of the bustling Boston Harbor, where her skill with languages has landed her an enviable position as a translator for the U.S. Navy.

Lydia's talents bring her to the attention of Alexander Banebridge, a mysterious man in need of a translator. Driven by a campaign to end the opium trade, Bane is coolly analytical and relentless in his quest. He cannot afford to fall for Lydia and must fight the bittersweet love growing between them.

When Bane's enemies gain the upper hand, he is forced to turn to Lydia for help. Determined to prove her worth, Lydia soon discovers that carrying out Bane's mission will test her wits and her courage to the very limits.

When forces conspire against them from without and within, can their love survive?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free @ Amazon

Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (October 1, 2012)

2013 RITA Winner for Inspirational Romance
2013 Christy Award Winner for Historical Romance
2013 Daphne du Maurier Award Winner for Inspirational Romantic Mystery/Suspense

Note: Wow to get this for free when it just won a RITA is awesome!
I saw it and did a squee! It was on my wishlist.
DA gave this a great review if I recall correctly. I don't usually read inspirationals, but I think I will have to give this one a try.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
DA gave this a great review if I recall correctly. I don't usually read inspirationals, but I think I will have to give this one a try.
Smart B's Trashy Books gave it an A rating as well.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #19
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Against the Tide is also free at Kobo
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
On sale for $.99 The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher. I highly recommend this book, it's not really your usual story but I found it incredibly well done. This was the first in a series, but not really a cliffhanger. I just finished re-reading it after finally reading the second book [Dirty Red] in anticipation of the third book which just released, ["Thief" - which I just paid full price for so you know I had to want it badly! ]
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
On sale for $.99 The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher. I highly recommend this book, it's not really your usual story but I found it incredibly well done. This was the first in a series, but not really a cliffhanger. I just finished re-reading it after finally reading the second book [Dirty Red] in anticipation of the third book which just released, ["Thief" - which I just paid full price for so you know I had to want it badly! ]
Did you ever get to If I Stay by Courtney Cole? I'm about 70% in and I wonder does it get better?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #22
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you ever get to If I Stay by Courtney Cole? I'm about 70% in and I wonder does it get better?
IIRC, not really. I only rated it a 2.5-3 which means mediocre and probably wouldn't read next book/author again.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #23
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Good morning August! I haven't bought any collections yet, but I did use a big code to get the first Jaci Burton Play-by-Play.
ENABLER! I had forgotten about that series after we talked about it awhile ago, mostly because of the price. I just finished previewing the first one, now I've added that to my 'buy if I have enough big codes' list. GAH!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
*&%&$% and a squee!!

I'm so *&%&$% mad. Our power went off last night for about an hour. When it finally came back on the monitor on our computer wouldn't come on and we still had no internet. Problem... without a monitor there's not a lot you can do to figure out the internet problem. Neither had come up this morning - I think it was around 2 that my husband finally got things working.

Why did this make me so mad? Because I wanted to go check out the Crimson site and download some more books before I got charged 9.99 again (I know, I can download them this month, but even though I paid 9.99 at the start of the month I already downloaded 6-7 so it felt like I'd be getting them free, sorts, kinda ]). I also had a coupon to use at Harlequin and one for Sahmain, both expiring July 31. This is not a lesson in patience for me... it's a lesson in 'if you succumb to your will power, something will happen and you won't get what you want when you want it, so but it NOW!'

Now for the squee. I went to Harlequin to see the books for my monthly subscription and one of them is The Darkest Craving I really really really wanted this book but was going to be patient (HA!) and wait for a sale. With the subscription cost, it's about $4... 5.99 on amazon and 6.59 on kobo... so squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I don't have to wait for it to go down OR use one the oh so generously gifted coupon codes on it
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
IIRC, not really. I only rated it a 2.5-3 which means mediocre and probably wouldn't read next book/author again.
Yeah I find it very category romance like, No real angst and there is no real Character development time for a real story. It started out really good too. I bought this book twice!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #26
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
I'm so *&%&$% mad. Our power went off last night for about an hour. When it finally came back on the monitor on our computer wouldn't come on and we still had no internet. Problem... without a monitor there's not a lot you can do to figure out the internet problem. Neither had come up this morning - I think it was around 2 that my husband finally got things working.
Sometimes when there is a power surge like that computers and monitors and design not to turn back on till you plug them somewhere else. So always try a different outlet and once it comes back on you can plug it back in the original one. It's a safety feature. My Netbook has it and It's a PITA when it happens. Get a really good surge protector and it will minimize the change in power so it doesn't happen often.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #27
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah I find it very category romance like, No real angst and there is no real Character development time for a real story. It started out really good too. I bought this book twice!
Twice, ugh, for a book that's 'meh' at best, I feel bad for you.
My dilemma right now is I have 4 books started, I never do that. BTW 1 of which is Slave to Sensation, which I'm worried I'm finding a bit slow and hoping that they're just building the story??!!
On top of that, there's literally about another 20 that I want to read right now!
Old 08-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Sometimes when there is a power surge like that computers and monitors and design not to turn back on till you plug them somewhere else. So always try a different outlet and once it comes back on you can plug it back in the original one. It's a safety feature. My Netbook has it and It's a PITA when it happens. Get a really good surge protector and it will minimize the change in power so it doesn't happen often.
Whatever it was it had me cursing up a storm last night and this morning. I gave up and went to work and left hubby to deal with it. I don't know what he did and I don't care. It was fixed when I got home which allowed me my squee moment, so all's well that end's well, I guess

On a different note... I was looking in ereaderIQ and all 5 of Denise Domning's The Seasons Series (I've also seen it called The Graistan Chronicles) are .99 at amazon. I've never read her... thoughts anyone? I'm intrigued by the books because I like medieval historicals and she seems to have good reviews. But I trust you guys way more than reviews!
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #29
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
$0.99 for the first in a NA trilogy:
The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher (4.28 on GR with 13K ratings!)

http://www.amazon.com/Opportunist-Lo.../dp/B006FDAHZ4

And OMG I detest the new Kobo search! I don't understand why sites are using this type of search results, it is beyond frustrating to wade through. But hallelujah for the "eligible for promo codes" button!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
ENABLER! I had forgotten about that series after we talked about it awhile ago, mostly because of the price. I just finished previewing the first one, now I've added that to my 'buy if I have enough big codes' list. GAH!
Not me! It's library addict's fault! She reminded me about the series when I inquired about Penguin must-reads. I'd written it off due to price as well.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote