Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
wyatt650
wyatt650 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
TOC chapter jump blank page - kindle

In Kindle Previewer, when I click on a chapter in my TOC, the chapter opens with a blank page. When I Page Next the chapter displays correctly. Then when I Page Previous, the last page of previous chapter displays correctly.
It is only the jump from TOC to any chapter that always opens on a blank page.
I used Word 2003 .doc file, saved as Web Page, Filtered, as input to Sigil.
wyatt650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Do the links work correctly in Sigil itself or ADE (an ePUB reader)? You must check first if the source document (ePUB) before converting to the Kindle format works as intended. Otherwise you will not know where the error introduces itself.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
wyatt650
wyatt650 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
An important clue, thanks Toxaris!
Links work okay in Sigil, except the cursor lands on a blank line at the end of each chapter.
I made each chapter title an H1 heading, but did not insert anchors and links. Sounds like I need to do that?
Could the bookmarks and hyperlinks I imported from Word be part of the problem?
wyatt650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
No, using headers as chapter titles is normal. If you generate the TOC in Sigil, all the correct links are there. Depending on the conversion to Kindle method, it will work. I think the Kindlegen does not take the ncx (standard TOC of the ePUB) into account, but Calibre does. Then again, it could also be vice versa.

I don't know how Word saves bookmarks and hyperlinks as HTML by default. In my macro I have that covered as standard HTML. It saves a whole lot of code which you will not use anyway. It might be the reason.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blank, chapter, jump, page, toc