Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
AHA! First to find the body, Mr. Dribs???? Maybe pick up a pair of scissors and hide the evidence????

The clues could be stacking against you, fiend!!!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
I've been reading and re-reading the first three chapters again and again, and I really like the story already. I can see all the suspects as possible murderers, and from the descriptions of the atmosphere it surprises me that murders don't happen more often...

I have just a few questions about the story that I would like to ask the author, since I feel that they concern the basis of the problem:
-About the atmosphere of the room; according to the story,
Quote:
(...) it's so thick that someone could get murdered in this room and no one would notice.
Can this be taken literally? I.e., would it have been possible for e.g. HarryT or Dale or even dreams to sneak out of the room without no one else noticing it?
-If one of the suspects could get out of the room without being noticed, could (s)he go anywhere without being seen? I.e., were the moderators in the library the only witnesses in the entire house, so that once you get out of the library unseen, would it be easy to perform funny-business e.g. on the roof and not being seen?
-Is it necessarry with tools to make the clean cut found on the cord used by the victim? We don't need to mention names, but one of the suspects is a mouse, and could probobly use his teeth?
-About the ukulele wire; is it necessary to use tools to cut it? WT sharpe says:
Quote:
"Sure - help yourself. Do you need me to cut it for you?"
Are there any sharp cutting tools elsewhere in the house, or is he talking about using dreams' scisors?
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #18
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
I've been reading and re-reading the first three chapters again and again, and I really like the story already. I can see all the suspects as possible murderers, and from the descriptions of the atmosphere it surprises me that murders don't happen more often... *giggle*
I have just a few questions about the story that I would like to ask the author, since I feel that they concern the basis of the problem:
-About the atmosphere of the room; according to the story,
Can this be taken literally? I.e., would it have been possible for e.g. HarryT or Dale or even dreams to sneak out of the room without no one else noticing it?

Why yes! When Dr. Drib starts puffing on that old pipe of his - clouds of smoke fill the room!

-If one of the suspects could get out of the room without being noticed, could (s)he go anywhere without being seen? I.e., were the moderators in the library the only witnesses in the entire house, so that once you get out of the library unseen, would it be easy to perform funny-business e.g. on the roof and not being seen?

Ohh .... anyone could sneak in & out of the room - and those mods are certainly a sneaky bunch .... with all that commotion that dreams was making ....

-Is it necessarry with tools to make the clean cut found on the cord used by the victim? We don't need to mention names, but one of the suspects is a mouse, and could probobly use his teeth?
-About the ukulele wire; is it necessary to use tools to cut it? WT sharpe says:

Are there any sharp cutting tools elsewhere in the house, or is he talking about using dreams' scisors?

Can't tell you .... yet ... keep reading ...

Oh my - such a close reader! A devoted fan!
See my responses above for clues!

Keep reading .... so much more to be revealed!
Agatha Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #19
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
You can ask me questions ... which I may or may not answer ... it IS a mystery after all ...
Agatha Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #20
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura

I don't think a mouse would make a clean cut, the mouse in my house gnaws - and leaves jagged edges.
So why am I giving away my ideas .....
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #21
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Had another thought - maybe the teeth of a Grand Mouse
are different?
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #22
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I didn't bite through the christmas lights! I'm innocent, I tell you!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #23
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Technically, we only have your word for that, pdurrant. You're still on top of my list of suspects. Anyone who prefer their punch green must become the prime suspect for anything
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #24
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Is there a set time of day by which the next exciting chapter of the whodunit will be posted to the board each day? Just curious what is going to happen next and whom it's going to happen to. I can't see pdurrant being able to bite through the Christmas lights wires. It would probably be enough to fry his furry little body if he tried it.

Last edited by crich70; 12-27-2012 at 09:37 AM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Is there a set time of day by which the next exciting chapter of the whodunit will be posted to the board each day? Just curious what is going to happen next and whom it's going to happen to. I can't see pdurrant being able to bite through the Christmas lights wires. It would probably be enough to fry his furry little body if he tried it.
Agatha seems to be posting the next episode sometime in the afternoon, GMT. No doubt she has family commitments at this time of year, like most of us.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Agatha seems to be posting the next episode sometime in the afternoon, GMT. No doubt she has family commitments at this time of year, like most of us.
No doubt you are correct. I was just curious if there was a particular time when updates were expected. I like these holiday puzzle stories.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Wondering how many will be left by the end... that should narrow the field down if it turns into "Ten Little Indians".

.. The butler dunnit!
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #28
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I like chicken and all, but that's a pretty morbid way to go when you're not just any chicken. Of course, let's not be too hasty. Could be that pooh is guilty and he did the whole microwave thing as a setup. But gads. He's a chicken. I'm not sure he'd be that devious to one of his own...
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #29
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm starting to feel a tad bit uneasy ......
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #30
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Get serious, he's a CHICKEN. He's afraid of EVERYTHING. Like most chickens. So I don't think he'd have the guts to do it. Yeah, sure, fret and threats maybe, but he's a CHICKEN!

Yeah, but ask what happens if you corner a chicken.

Ok, most likely you'll get a fluffy explosion and spit feathers for the next few hours, but sometimes the chicken is going to make kebab of you
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase