Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #91
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kensington freebie

The Marquess of Cake (Redcakes #1) by Heather Hiestand
Kindle | Nook | Google

Spoiler:
Coffee. . .tea. . .or a pastry chef sweeter than any confection. . .

Scotch trifle fit for Queen Victoria, scones with clotted cream. . .Alys Redcake knows the way to a man's heart. Yet she is unaware that with each morsel--and flash of ankle--she is seducing the handsome marquess frequenting her father's tea shop. Unmarried at twenty-six, Alys's first love is the family business. But thoughts of the gentleman's touch are driving her to distraction. . .
With his weakness for sugar, the Marquess of Hatbrook can imagine no more desirable woman than one scented with cake and spice. Mistaking Alys for a mere waitress, he has no doubt she would make a most delicious mistress. And when he finds himself in need of an heir, he plans to make her his convenient bride. Yet as they satisfy their craving for one another, business and pleasure suddenly collide. Will Hatbrook's passion for sweets--and for Alys--be his heart's undoing?

85,000 Words
Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #92
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another Diversion freebie

Eden Creek by Lisa Bingham (Pocket Books 1991)
Kindle | Google

Spoiler:
THERE WAS A MARRIAGE OF DARK SERCRETS, STUBBORN PRIDE AND UNEXPECTED ARDOR

Betrayed by the only man she ever trusted, Ginny Parker hastily agreed to a new life in the untamed Utah wilderness, and a marriage that was prearranged. Orrin Ghant, a man whose passion ran swift yet deep, hoped for a little more than a woman to help raise his three daughters. Neither of them dreamed that their wedding of convenience would gently blossom into a grand and glorious love.

As Ginny slowy warms to the dingy, mud-splattered town she now calls home, her husband's strong, sensual embrace fills her with an abiding joy. Yet the past hovers over their happiness like an ominous cloud. For Orrin and Ginny the tranquility of Eden Creek is not a barrier to human greed and malice ... and the only weapon they have to protect their fragile new beginning is love.
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #93
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle freebie

Light My Fire (Rock Royalty #1) by Christie Ridgway

Spoiler:
Years ago, Rolling Stone magazine dubbed the nine collective children of the most famous band in the world “Rock Royalty.” Now all grown up, the princes and princesses are coming back to L.A.’s Laurel Canyon to discover if love can be found among the ruins of a childhood steeped in sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll.

One touch will start a fire…
World-weary band tour manager Ren Colson leaves his London business behind for a stay in Southern California, never expecting to wake up beside Cilla Maddox. Cilla Maddox—who in the years since their last meeting has turned sexy as hell. But she deserves more than a man hardened by long nights, dark roads, and too many faceless women.

One night will change her world…
Cilla Maddox not once imagined she’d see the bad boy of her dreams again. But then he’s sharing her air, her home, her bed. Though he claims he has no heart, she wants it to be hers. Can she convince him that the flames that leap between them might signify forever?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #94
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I also have a problem with men reading romance as when I read it's a female voice in my head and I can't connect with a guy reading a female's perspective. Too many romances are read by guys and it's just really odd.
I SO agree! It is weird!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle freebie

Light My Fire (Rock Royalty #1) by Christie Ridgway

Spoiler:
Years ago, Rolling Stone magazine dubbed the nine collective children of the most famous band in the world “Rock Royalty.” Now all grown up, the princes and princesses are coming back to L.A.’s Laurel Canyon to discover if love can be found among the ruins of a childhood steeped in sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll.

One touch will start a fire…
World-weary band tour manager Ren Colson leaves his London business behind for a stay in Southern California, never expecting to wake up beside Cilla Maddox. Cilla Maddox—who in the years since their last meeting has turned sexy as hell. But she deserves more than a man hardened by long nights, dark roads, and too many faceless women.

One night will change her world…
Cilla Maddox not once imagined she’d see the bad boy of her dreams again. But then he’s sharing her air, her home, her bed. Though he claims he has no heart, she wants it to be hers. Can she convince him that the flames that leap between them might signify forever?
I just bought this last month with 90% off coupon. Oh man.
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #96
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
$.99 Falling Under - Jasinda Wilder

BTW, any of you Nalini Singh fans buying her new release "Rock Addiciton' and reading it right away? I'm really curious to hear your reviews, it's not rated so well at GoodReads.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #97
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
BTW, any of you Nalini Singh fans buying her new release "Rock Addiciton' and reading it right away? I'm really curious to hear your reviews, it's not rated so well at GoodReads
I got a review copy just yesterday. I'll read it sometime soon. I see that the reviews are a mixed bag
Oops the book I got was actually a novella called Rock Courtship which I assume is 1.5 in the series. So confusing when the novella releases after the first book!

Last edited by hannahi; 09-09-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #98
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
A Soft Place to Fall (Shelter Rock Cove - Book #1) by Barbara Bretton is FREE today. Originally published by Berkley 2001? Also free on Kobo, Apple and SW.

http://www.amazon.com/Soft-Place-Fal...+place+to+fall
Old 09-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #99
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Quote:
BTW, any of you Nalini Singh fans buying her new release "Rock Addiciton' and reading it right away? I'm really curious to hear your reviews, it's not rated so well at GoodReads
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
I got a review copy just yesterday. I'll read it sometime soon. I see that the reviews are a mixed bag
Oops the book I got was actually a novella called Rock Courtship which I assume is 1.5 in the series. So confusing when the novella releases after the first book!
In searching for Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh, I found these...

Free at Amazon.com:
Quote:
Book Description
Publication Date: March 30, 2014

All five episodes of the Rock Your World serial are available now as individual books or a single collection.

With the legendary guitarist Lang Winter as a father, Sophie Winter grew up around sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll.

After her father dies of an overdose, Sophie discovers that Lang blew through almost all of the millions he earned—and even sold the rights to his chart-topping songs. Now, she lives in a mansion she can't afford, drinks vodka she buys with credit cards, and parties like the party will never end.

Mark Dillon has worshipped Lang Winter from the moment he could pick up a guitar.

Sixty days into his rehab sentence after an assault charge, Mark is bored and restless. When he finds out that the Winter mansion is for sale, he uses it as an excuse to leave his L.A. rehab early. In Dallas, he proposes to buy Lang's house and let Sophie continue living there, if she’ll help him play guitar like Lang did.

There's only one problem. Or two.

Sophie hates guitars, and she hates her father even more. She wonders how she can pull this off without losing everything ... including the guy who just might hold the strings to her shattered heart.

Quote:
Book Description
Publication Date: September 4, 2014

Meet Sadie: A 20-something orphan, who loves old 90’s Grunge music, and loves living in Seattle, but she has addictions and losses a mile long under her belt. She lives her life as a recluse, until she meets the singer of her favorite local band “Lipstick and Codeine” Aries Codeine and they fall into a very intense and very real love. The thing is, they both found out something that will make or break them. Can they survive the taboo truth? Or will their quick rise to fame and addiction get them first? With light erotic undertones and a very dark and raw life style, these two have found their other half in each other, or have they found the very person that will push them further down their own self destructive spiral

WARNING! Contains strong sex, drugs, and suicidal subject matter.

Last edited by Froide; 09-09-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #100
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
BTW, any of you Nalini Singh fans buying her new release "Rock Addiciton' and reading it right away? I'm really curious to hear your reviews, it's not rated so well at GoodReads.
I've started it, but haven't had much reading time today. Hoping to really dive in after dinner.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #101
apesmom
Wizard

One more Diversion freebie

The Passionate and the Proud by Vanessa Royall (Dell 1984)
Kindle

Quote:
Beyond the majestic Rockies lay the promise of land, the promise of love.

Beautiful Emmalee Alder was escaping a Cincinnati orphanage when a black-eyed rogue spirited her aboard a Missouri-bound riverboat. Blind to Garn Lander's true passion, she does what she must to escape his bold advances; she sells herself into servitude to a wagon train heading West.

Obsessed by a proud dream of independence, swept-up in the fever of land rush, she has yet to learn that claiming land was only half the battle. There is farming, ranching, and bone-deep toil. And there is Garn, the man who may just help her grasp her golden future.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #102
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Another Diversion freebie

Eden Creek by Lisa Bingham (Pocket Books 1991)
Kindle | Google
Working link
Old 09-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #103
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Sorry, I finished it late last night, but was too lazy to type up my thoughts Overall, I liked it but didn't love it. I'm giving it 3 stars, but still waffling between a C+/B- for the grade.
Spoiler:
I thought the hero was a selfish jerk for the first third of the book or more. But then he grew on me a bit, then went to jerk-town again, then I liked him again, then back to jerk-town a few more times. I found his characterization to be uneven.

I liked the heroine. While this was not one of my favorite Nalini Singh books, I really liked the supporting characters and am looking forward to the rest of the series, particularly the stories for Charlotte (the heroine's bff) and T-Rex as well as Thea (the heroine's sister) and David (the band's drummer).

Last edited by library addict; 09-10-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #104
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Sorry, I finished it late last night, but was too lazy to type up my thoughts Overall, I liked it but didn't love it. I'm giving it 3 stars, but still waffling between a C+/B- for the grade.
Spoiler:
I thought the hero was a selfish jerk for the first third of the book or more. But then he grew on me a bit, then went to jerk-town again, then I liked him again, then back to jerk-town a few more times. I found his characterization to be uneven.

I liked the heroine. While this was not one of my favorite Nalini Singh books, I really liked the supporting characters and am looking forward to the rest of the series, particularly the stories for Charlotte (the heroine's bff) and T-Rex as well as Thea (the heroine's sister) and David (the band's drummer).

Also thanks to froide and Hannahi for your input, would also like to hear your thoughts on the book if you get to it.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #105
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:

Also thanks to froide and Hannahi for your input, would also like to hear your thoughts on the book if you get to it.
It's way down on my TBR list.
Closed Thread