Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #16
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Britomart -

If the book is still to large for my taste, I open it by right-clicking on the title list and opening "edit book". I scroll through the various text files, looking especially at early and late chapters to see what kind of stuff - the book's back cover, other book covers, ads - is hiding there. Then I open all the image files too see what I've got there. I leave in illustrations and maps, obviously, but I mostly remove ads for other books that I find at the end, if they are in pictures anyway. I don't mind reading about the author's other books, but a description is enough, no cover image needed.

I do this with every single book/story before I put it on any of my readers. I also get rid of title page, TOC page, copyright page. No extras, I just keep the book!
booklover6, I am not quite as radical as you are! But I fully understand where you come from, seeing as how cluttered some books are!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #17
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
Whoa!

I'm rather interested in Nalini Singh's books, too. But the Psy-Changeling series seems a bit too long and complicated for me to catch up with, so I've got the Guild Hunter series instead. (Weren't freebies, though.)

I haven't started reading it yet, but I hope it won't disappoint.

Does anyone here have anything to say about the series or the author?
I have both series and love them both. She is terrific at world building, and keeping your interest.

Do yourself a favor and get them both.
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #18
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Is the Psy and Guilt Hunter series intertwined? I mean can I read the Psy first and then the GH without it messing with my OCD reading order? Or is it like the Kristen Ashley nightmare where you have to intertwine books from 4 different series . I still haven't figured that order out yet with KA and its the reason I haven't read any more books, even though I own some. Its really upsetting to me. I need an ultimate reading order list, book by book.

I read the first in the Psy and I know I will have to be in the right frame of mind to read the next. Lots of details going on there. Sometimes I feel more like reading some easier fluff.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #19
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Is the Psy and Guilt Hunter series intertwined? I mean can I read the Psy first and then the GH without it messing with my OCD reading order? Or is it like the Kristen Ashley nightmare where you have to intertwine books from 4 different series . I still haven't figured that order out yet with KA and its the reason I haven't read any more books, even though I own some. Its really upsetting to me. I need an ultimate reading order list, book by book.

I read the first in the Psy and I know I will have to be in the right frame of mind to read the next. Lots of details going on there. Sometimes I feel more like reading some easier fluff.
No they are not intertwined. Separate series and separate worlds.

I love Guilt Hunter series. One of my favorite series. And the novellas are also great. I always reread them too, when new book in series is out.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #20
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Harlequin MIRA deal

Going Once (Forces of Nature #1) by Sharon Sala - $0.99
Kindle | Kobo ($0.25 with one of the available 75% codes) | Nook | Google

Quote:
As raging floodwaters engulf her Louisiana hometown Nola Landry is stranded on high ground, the unwitting witness to the brutal murder of three fellow survivors. Finally rescued in the aftermath of the storm, no one is willing to believe a story as horrific as hers—until three FBI agents arrive on the scene…one of whom Nola knows very well.

Tate Benton has been tracking the so-called Stormchaser serial killer for months, never expecting the trail might lead him home, or to the woman he cannot forget. Home is now a ravaged town full of memories—of love, of disappointment, of past mistakes. The investigation brings Nola back into his life. Long-buried feelings resurface, and the former lovers try to pick up the pieces in the wake of the disaster.

Amid the relief effort the killer lingers, determined to silence Nola forever. In the Stormchaser's twisted mind the pain is far from over…and hers is just beginning.

Last edited by apesmom; 09-01-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #21
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Simon & Schuster deal

Bound by Night (Moonbound Clan Vampires #1) by Larissa Ione - $1.99
Kindle | Nook

Quote:
Nicole Martin was only eight years old when she narrowly survived a massacre: her family’s vampire slaves rebelled and killed everyone in her household. Twenty years later, Nicole now dedicates herself to finding a vaccine against vampirism…and eradicating the gruesome memories that give her nightmares.

Riker, a member of the wild vampire Moon Clan, is haunted by his own demons—his wife Lorraine had been captured and enslaved by the Martin family. It was during a botched escape attempt that she was killed, along with their unborn child. Still wracked with grief and anger, Riker is now fueled solely by the desire to rescue vampire slaves…and slaughter their owners.

When Riker stumbles upon Nicole in a chance meeting, he immediately recognizes her as a member of the Martin family that once enslaved his wife—and she recognizes him as the wild vampire she saw kissing a pregnant slave in the moments before her violent death—an image that has haunted her dreams for years.

When Riker kidnaps Nicole and they spend a night together in a cave on the way back to his clan, suddenly they begin to realize that they aren’t as different from one another as they may have thought—and they’re finding themselves drawn to one another…
Old 09-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #22
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
booklover6, I am not quite as radical as you are! But I fully understand where you come from, seeing as how cluttered some books are!
I resized some of the images in a few epubs as you suggested in other thread and it helped reduce the size a lot. But, when I convert them to AZW3 they triple in size again, some of them even 4x the size.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #23
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I resized some of the images in a few epubs as you suggested in other thread and it helped reduce the size a lot. But, when I convert them to AZW3 they triple in size again, some of them even 4x the size.
Sorry, I can't help you there, I read the majority of books in ePub, and have never converted to AZW3. But maybe someone else knows what's going on there?
Old 09-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #24
Britomart
Guru

Free from Kobo and Smashwords:

Reckless Longing by Gina Robinson (has published with St. Martin's Press).

Quote:
Book One of the Reckless Series

A Contemporary New Adult College Romance

Ellie and Logan's love story begins one hot August night…

Ellie

My mom betrayed me in the worst way possible. I can't forgive her, but I can outwit her. I'm going to unravel the family secret she's been keeping from me my whole life. So I'm going to college across the state from her, to the place that has the answers. I hope. But I have to be careful or I'll blow everything. I can't tell anyone what I'm doing.

I didn't mean to fall in love. I can't afford to give my heart away or open up to anyone, least of all charming, rich, former bad boy baseball star Logan Walker. But he looked so adorable sitting there nursing a black eye the night I met him at my very first campus event. The way he held my hand made me flush in the suffocating heat of August and feel really beautiful for the first time in so long I can't remember. My scar didn't even hurt.

But Logan's moods are mercurial. He's keeping secrets of his own that are too dark to share, even with me. We agree to be just friends. But our hearts and bodies have minds of their own. Before I know it, I'm in too deep with him and the answer to the family secret I came to campus to find may be the thing that tears us apart.

Last edited by Britomart; 09-01-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #25
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
No they are not intertwined. Separate series and separate worlds.

I love Guilt Hunter series. One of my favorite series. And the novellas are also great. I always reread them too, when new book in series is out.
Thanks, good to know. I guess I'll just do the Psy first, or I suppose I can do both at the same time if they aren't related. I never read the novellas and short stories in those series, I hope I won't miss anything. I just don't enjoy reading anything but novels in series. Some series drive me nuts with all the in between short thingies. So many of the PNR and UF series do that.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #26
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Thanks, good to know. I guess I'll just do the Psy first, or I suppose I can do both at the same time if they aren't related. I never read the novellas and short stories in those series, I hope I won't miss anything. I just don't enjoy reading anything but novels in series. Some series drive me nuts with all the in between short thingies. So many of the PNR and UF series do that.
I love her Psy/Changeling series and have reread some of the books several times and the entire series once since I first read them all last year.

Yes, some couples work better for me than others for sure. And there have been a few h/h I didn't care for. But there is enough going on with the worldbuilding and overarcing plot that I don't regret reading/rereading a single one. As the author describes it, each book provides a piece of the puzzle. I'm only sorry I waited so long to read them. Then again, it was sure fun not to have to wait between books
Old 09-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #27
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Sorry, I can't help you there, I read the majority of books in ePub, and have never converted to AZW3. But maybe someone else knows what's going on there?
At this point I'm just glad to have them reduced as much as they are. I'm tech challenged and I'm fine with leaving them as is. Thank you so much for your help.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Reckless Longing by Gina Robinson
A Contemporary College-set New Adult Romance (The Reckless Series, a New Adult and College Romance Book 1)
Note: She's a published mainstream author known for her Funny romantic suspense books.

OT: We have a new audiobook forum! I know many of you do not browse the forums so I thought I let you know we finally have a place to talk about audiobooks.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #29
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
OT: We have a new audiobook forum! I know many of you do not browse the forums so I thought I let you know we finally have a place to talk about audiobooks.
And here it is
Old 09-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Forgot the link. I am a bit ill today with only 4 hours of sleep. No not what hubby had thank goodness.
Closed Thread