Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
tsarnik
tsarnik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G+wifi
Kindle 3g impressions- using overseas

I got my Kindle 3g last friday morning just in time to charge it up and chuck a couple of books on it, then off to the airport and to a weekend in Cairo, Egypt.
The kindle is perfect (for me anyway). Effortless reading on the flights.
I tried the web browser when in Cairo and whilst on the road between Cairo and Alexandria and there were no problems, a bit slow but it is a reader after all. The browser is good for wikitravel.org and it's online guide books.
I had a couple of freezes but this I put down to pushing the envelope a bit too far. The wife managed to get it to reset but electronic gadgets always seem to go wrong when she is anywhere nearby.
All in all, impressed.

Last edited by tsarnik; 09-07-2010 at 04:17 AM.
tsarnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
That's great to know as we're off on a cruise later this year and I'm hoping the 3G will work ok at our destinations.

The freezes you mention are something which should hopefully be cleared up soon as Amazon are working on a fix for that.

Thanks for sharing.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert