Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Oh for $deity sake.

UPs have now informed me (After I called again to ask where it was) that their courier was told no one of that name at this address.

This is utter <selfcensored>ks!

We have a building reception here, as well as our own reception. If the building reception don't know who someone is, they point them to our reception desk.

Neither has had a courier asking for someone (I asked).

So it's delayed until tomorrow again!
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Stinking weasles.

Sounds like it might be about time to go to the delivery service yourself -- they can't mis-deliver what you pick up.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2006, 12:09 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
How about a trip to Holland ?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wouldn't do much good. My iLiad is in Barking (London).
Old 08-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
verbosus
Unicoder
verbosus began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Well, this is just severe suckage, I feel your pain!
verbosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
El Chupacabra
Enthusiast
El Chupacabra began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Nokia 6630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz
UPs have now informed me (After I called again to ask where it was) that their courier was told no one of that name at this address.
UPS told me I was on vacation the first time they tried to deliver it. That's a lie, they haven't come here never, even I went to pick the package to their building. UPS doesn't work as I expected. I hope you get it soon.
El Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:49 AM   #7
Riocaz

It arrived at 10am :-)
Old 08-25-2006, 06:24 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
well...finally...not let's hope it's not DOA...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:57 AM   #9
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He's not answering ? Good news. He's reading !
Old 08-25-2006, 07:27 AM   #10
Riocaz

It's not DOA, but I'm not reading.

Forgot to bring my CF card in with me. :-/
Old 08-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #11
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

Glad you finally received a working Iliad.

I emailed them asking where my second return box was and they emailed back stating that I received it on the 10th as shown on the tracking number through UPS. The only problem is that that was the first box they sent me.

I had all corresponding messages in the email as I have been forwarding back and forth to them. I meantioned that they told me on the 15th that they sent a new one out.

Would it be too much for them to actually read what I email them? I mean I did say second box and the prevous message, in plain sight was their message to me that they sent a second one out.

It appears that they only browse the subject and fire and forget when it comes to sending a reply.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
They didn't used to do that much. It's progress, from a certain point of view.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #13
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
It looks like my replacement unit is DOA. I can't get anything to display, although it appears to be charging. I guess that's progress since my first one wouldn't charge. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some magic happens once it's charged and it starts to work, but I'm not optimistic at this point.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #14
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

We are getting many reports of failures from Iliad buyers. Those who get good ones don't write because they are busy reading. Does any one have a closer idea of the Iliad's success rate ?

I don't have an Iliad and I joke about it a good deal, but that is not serious. Actually I feel for those stuck with such serious problems. Thankfully Irex cares"
Old 08-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #15
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I did hear back from iRex first thing this morning and they are sending a replacement unit prior to receiving the defective unit back for repair. All they asked was that I provide the return tracking number and they would ship out the replacement. All in all a reasonable approach.

I believe the number of defective units is relatively small. It's impacted a handful of people, but it appears more people are happily reading than experiencing problems.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote