Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
505 Messing Up After a Full Shutdown

I did a full shutdown of my Reader. A few weeks later, started it up and tried to add books to it. Although I was able to view the contents of the Reader through the PC software, the copy function didn't work when I moved a book from the Library to the device. No spinning arrows. I tried it repeatedly, shut down the software and reopened it, no luck.

So I wall-charged for an hour or so, until the light went off. Started it up again, tried again, still same problem. Tried a soft reset but it would hang at the options screen, circular arrows showing but not spinning. Three resets later, still frozen at the same spot. Now it's plugged in again to charge, did another restart, frozen at the same place again.

Please don't say I need to reformat the darned thing! Any other ideas?
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
It's working now, it was just reeeeeaaaallllly slow.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert