Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
1.1.01.25200 Firmware

I've read that there is a 1.1.01.25200 for the 505. What is this version? What's new/different? Does DE in this firmware support justified ePub?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Someone metioned that firmware in a previous post a day or two ago. I think the person was in Europe so I assumed it was a firmware release for U.K. or France.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not so sure of that. The UK firmware is 1.2.x and the French one is 1.3.00.22070
Old 04-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
heldj73
heldj73 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505/nook
1.1.01.25200 Firmware

Hello

I just received my 505 on 4/11 in the US, it came with 1.1.01.25200 firmware. I don't know enough about other firmware versions to know what's different. I tried to use the PRS Customizer, but was unable to install due to unsupported version.
heldj73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heldj73 View Post
Hello

I just received my 505 on 4/11 in the US, it came with 1.1.01.25200 firmware. I don't know enough about other firmware versions to know what's different. I tried to use the PRS Customizer, but was unable to install due to unsupported version.
Can you try an ePub that is justified on ADE 1.7 for Windows to see if it's justified on 1.1.01.25200? Thanks!
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
heldj73
heldj73 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505/nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you try an ePub that is justified on ADE 1.7 for Windows to see if it's justified on 1.1.01.25200? Thanks!
Jon,

The epub is left justified.
heldj73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heldj73 View Post
Jon,

The epub is left justified.
So then we still need an ADE update to be up-to-date with 1.7. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Sorry, but I'm still confused! Can someone please explain the ADE update/justified/version thing? Talk to me like I'm a ten-year old.

Is this an update I need?
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Basically, on the Sony, ePub books display with a ragged right-hand side to the text, even if they're been set to be fully justified. Jon was wondering if the latest Sony firmware added support for full justification, but it doesn't, so no, there's nothing of interest in it (as far as we know).
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote