Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
perfesser_bear
Sony PRS, ADE and MSR
perfesser_bear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
New PRS-505 Owner

Good Day--

I recently decided that the best bang-for-the-buck was the Sony Reader. The best price I could find from a reliable Internet source was about $270, with (maybe) a plastic leatherette cover and no AC-converter. I wound up at BJ's Warehouse Club (an East Coast phenomenon) and a PRS-505 kit for the same $270 – with the AC and a brown cover.

I have also used Rocket eBook (both the Windows simulator and an early 4-meg model) the Microsoft Reader and Adobe Digital Edition.

I like the PRS-505, aside from the lack-of-search issues; I bought it a 2 GB Memory Stick and have played with Caliber and converting Gutenberg HTML files. I tried using MS Write to convert a text file (Lord Dunsany's Book of Wonders, thank you for asking) to RTF, but I do not like the results.

--Perfesser

Last edited by perfesser_bear; 02-01-2009 at 07:42 PM.
perfesser_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congratulations! I love my Reader.

All Readers come stock with covers, but not AC adapters, so that's a pretty good deal.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
perfesser_bear
Sony PRS, ADE and MSR
perfesser_bear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quick Reply

lilac_jive--

Whoa -- twelve minutes -- that's about as quick a response as I've gotten anywhere. Thank you for the fast reply!

--Perfesser
perfesser_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfesser_bear View Post
lilac_jive--

Whoa -- twelve minutes -- that's about as quick a response as I've gotten anywhere. Thank you for the fast reply!

--Perfesser
Heh, I have no life
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
readingrocks!
x
readingrocks! doesn't litterreadingrocks! doesn't litter

Device: None
Hi, Perfesser - that is a great deal. I hadn't thought to look at the big discount clubs. Thanks for the idea. Welcome.

ReadingRocks
readingrocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, 'perfesser'.

Hopefully you'll find lots of info you didn't know before here....

Enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi perfesser_bear and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and like it a lot
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:47 AM   #8
corband
corband began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
When I bought my 505 I had the AC adapter that came with my stolen 500.

Plus, the Creative Labs Univeral AC Adapter I bought for my MP-3 player works. It comes with power adapters so I can charge my MP-3, 505 and Tom Tom GPS, as well as power my portable speakers. It also comes with a set of International plugs so you can plug it into a wall socket anywhere in the world.
corband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfesser_bear View Post
lilac_jive--

--Perfesser
Oh, they're really good for that around here...and I might warn you that this place is addictive. I wandered in not-quite-two-weeks ago, and have yet to wander back out...

Welcome to the madhouse!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote