Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #241
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
This works for firmware 3.5.3 and Kindle PW, right?
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #242
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Here's an updated Calibre plugin.

* Better user interface
* Supports the "location offset" feature of the .NET version
* Support of aliases. Run the plugin once to create an .aliases file, edit it as appropriate, then run it again.
* Hopefully works for Mobi8 files, although I haven't tested this.

Feedback welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator.zip (68.6 KB, 335 views)
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #243
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Thank you for the updated plugin. Can you please explain which is the directory to unpack the book in?

Last edited by kindleBunny; 05-19-2013 at 02:12 AM.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:28 AM   #244
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
Thank you for the updated plugin. Can you please explain which is the directory to unpack the book in?
Sure, you just need to choose a temporary directory somewhere. The plug-in will create some files here which it needs while processing (it won't delete them afterwards though).

Actually I should probably just update it to create a temporary directory. Next version maybe.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:42 AM   #245
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Sure, you just need to choose a temporary directory somewhere. The plug-in will create some files here which it needs while processing (it won't delete them afterwards though).

Actually I should probably just update it to create a temporary directory. Next version maybe.
Thank you for your answer
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #246
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Error

Quote:
Here's an updated Calibre plugin.

* Better user interface
* Supports the "location offset" feature of the .NET version
* Support of aliases. Run the plugin once to create an .aliases file, edit it as appropriate, then run it again.
* Hopefully works for Mobi8 files, although I haven't tested this.

Feedback welcome.
Thank you for this updated [plugin, but it doesn't work , tried with several books. I attached the error , same for every book
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 5.57.32 PM.png
Views:	316
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	106023  
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #247
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Rats. You'll need to specify a filename for the aliases even if you're not planning to use it. Sorry about that, will fix it next time out.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #248
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Nice update.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:41 AM   #249
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
thank you for the tip

Quote:
Rats. You'll need to specify a filename for the aliases even if you're not planning to use it. Sorry about that, will fix it next time out.
Its working like that, if i enter a name for aliases.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #250
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've got it working, here are my thoughts:

I use Calibre to email all my books via Amazon Personal Docs, so I can make use of Last Page Read Sync between Paperwhite, iPad and iPhone. This means that after I send them, the ASIN changes.

To get it working what I do I send the book as normal, then on my PW/iPhone/iPad, I have the book, with last page read syncing working fine.

I then plug in my PW via USB, and use Mobi Meta Editor to check the ASIN that Calibre assigned it when I emailed it. I then drag the .azw from the PW documents folder into Calibre, and use your plugin to generate the XRay .asc file. I then put this in the .sdr folder, and XRay works fine on the PW, and Last Page Read Sync still works across my 3 devices.

I can't help thinking there must be an easier way!

Also, I noticed the following thing when looking at the XRay file, specifically when I choose "Wikipedia Info":

Note the weird:

ad> loc.2>

Also, wouldn't it be possible to the Shelfari and/or Wikipedia lookup automatically, based on the book title/ISBN/etc in Calibre?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #251
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post

Also, I noticed the following thing when looking at the XRay file, specifically when I choose "Wikipedia Info":

Note the weird:

ad> loc.2>
The XRay file contains pointers into the structure of the mobi file. Currently this is only done properly for characters, not for any other terms found from Wikipedia. I could take a look at enhancing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Also, wouldn't it be possible to the Shelfari and/or Wikipedia lookup automatically, based on the book title/ISBN/etc in Calibre?
[/quote]

Sounds possible. I don't know if Wikipedia would necessarily work, you might hit a disambiguation page, but it's probably worth a try.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #252
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great, if I can help at all, let me know.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #253
gers1978
Addict

Doesn't work for .azw3 files, tells me to convert to mobi first.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #254
amian
amian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
database name

can anyone please tell me how do i find the database name of the book, i am using javametaeditor and when i left the database field blank, and transfered the file from my usb to the kindle touch, the x-ray button sprang back to life, but when i clicked it, it showed that "X-Ray is not available for this book"
Someone please help me out here ..!!!

Last edited by amian; 05-22-2013 at 12:55 AM.
amian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:48 AM   #255
amian
amian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
ok i figured out how to find the database name... and i was also able to run the X-Ray feature, only one problem... i am not able to see the wikipedia entry even though i added the url in the x-ray generator.. i can see the details of the people.. but not the first entry that says wikipedia info.. that is the info in general related to the book..!!
amian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray