Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Book images show up Sony and ADE. but not on my Kobo.

The book in question is The Great Zombini by J. Robert Lennon, with illustrations by Lou Beach, published by Smashwords. ePub format.

I purchased the ebook from The Sony ebook store. The images show up just fine on Sony Deskstop, my Sony ereader, and on ADE.

But no illustrations to be found on the Kobo. (Except for the cover image).

ETA: I take that back: Out of 21 illustrations, the very last one shows up.

Weird...?

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 10-16-2011 at 08:41 PM.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Which of your Kobo's won't work? One or Both?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Which of your Kobo's won't work? One or Both?
Ah, good question - because at the time I posted, I had only tested the Touch, and I hadn't even put the book onto the WiFi ...

...umm....just got back from doing so - and yes, the illustrations do show up on the WiFi!

But not on the Touch.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've downloaded a preview of the book from the Smashwords website and will try it on my Touch. I *DO* see images in ADE.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
beautifulsoup
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've downloaded a preview of the book from the Smashwords website and will try it on my Touch. I *DO* see images in ADE.
I did, too. Sony, ADE, and Kobo WiFi are all fine.

But not Kobo Touch.

It's a short book - I'm reading it now on the WiFi; almost finished.
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've opened a ZenDesk problem: 476147
Old 10-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
beautifulsoup
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've opened a ZenDesk problem: 476147
You made me Google; I've never heard of ZenDesk...

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
jodykihara
Author
jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle reader for PC
Just wondering, did anyone find an answer to this? I'm publishing my latest e-book, which is illustrated, and I'm encountering the same problem.
jodykihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
beautifulsoup
Addict

No, I never found an answer.

And I had it happen with another ebook, too. Weird.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
jodykihara
Author
jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

It's very weird, because I've previously published an e-book with an illustration in it, and it shows up fine on my Kobo. With this new one, the illustrations are not showing up at all, and I used the exact same method (had to insert the jpgs into a Word file, as Smashwords doesn't let you use an HTML file)

I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting this...?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

The developers are looking at this problem
Old 12-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #12
jodykihara
Author

Just wondering if there's any update on this?
Jody K
Old 12-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
I too wouldn't mind know if there's a solution. I'm currently reading "Mr. Norrel and Jonathan Strange", and none of the illustrations appear on my Kobo Touch.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #14
jodykihara
Author

It's puzzling that the problem is just with some books and not others. For my first self-published book, the one illustration shows fine, and with the most recent one none of them show, yet I did NOTHING different in terms of creating the e-books.

I hope someone figures this out!

Jody K