Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
DAHayden
Scribbler and Podcaster
DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPod Touch
Amazon's Upcoming Tablets

Amazon is, apparently, putting out two new e-ink devices with touchscreens. The cheaper one probably has ads on it. I assume these will be a lot like the new B&N touchscreen e-ink device. I've played with it in the store and it's pretty slick.

Amazon is also coming out with two Android tablets: a stripped down affordable 7 inch and a possibly tricked out 10 inch.

A 7 inch tablet is my dream machine. I love Apple, but they refuse to make an iPad that size, so I'm really hoping the Amazon 7 inch comes in at a great price.

Info on Slashgear.
DAHayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAHayden View Post
A 7 inch tablet is my dream machine. I love Apple, but they refuse to make an iPad that size, so I'm really hoping the Amazon 7 inch comes in at a great price.
Is there any word yet on whether or not it will have access to the big Android app store? Or will apps only be available through Amazon's store?
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Thanks for the link. Looks like touch is becoming the norm.

More competition hopefully will mean we'll soon see the first sub $100 readers.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAHayden View Post
It's hard to beat the cost/benefit ratio of the seven inch Nook Color.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
DAHayden
Scribbler and Podcaster
DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.DAHayden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
It's hard to beat the cost/benefit ratio of the seven inch Nook Color.
I just can't get into the Nook Color for some reason. The form factor just turns me off. The little missing corner also drives me batty, and I know that's completely stupid but it does.
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
DAHayden
Scribbler and Podcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
Is there any word yet on whether or not it will have access to the big Android app store? Or will apps only be available through Amazon's store?
Amazon isn't officially saying anything. Only reason anything is known about their tablets is the leaked parts list.