Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 04:28 AM   #166
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
I have a little problem.

What I want is to add pinchToZoom, maintaining the new one finger light control introduced with firmware 3.8.0.
It is possible on Aura HD?

I tried adding
[Reading]
pinchToZoom=true
to the .conf file but it simply doesn't work

Then I tried to install Cecell3000's Hack
and now I Have pinch to zoom, but the one finger light control is gone.

Yes I can control light with 2 fingers, but I like the other metod the most.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:20 AM   #167
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
I have a little problem.

What I want is to add pinchToZoom, maintaining the new one finger light control introduced with firmware 3.8.0.
It is possible on Aura HD?

I tried adding
[Reading]
pinchToZoom=true
to the .conf file but it simply doesn't work

Then I tried to install Cecell3000's Hack
and now I Have pinch to zoom, but the one finger light control is gone.

Yes I can control light with 2 fingers, but I like the other metod the most.
In 3.8.0, there looks to be the following options:

- pinchToZoom
- swipeBrightness
- SwipeSide

Try playing with them. My first guess would true, false and true respectively.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #168
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Unfortunately it's exactly what I tried first
Old 09-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #169
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Unfortunately it's exactly what I tried first
delete the line SwipeSide

just add the lines:
pinchToZoom=true
swipeBrightness=false

(tested in kobo glo)

in koboAuraHD may not be necessary edit file.
in the koboAuraHD after installing multitouch, new options appears in Reading Settings.
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #170
eXistenZ
Connoisseur

For Glo it works exactly as you said.

But on my Aura HD, after installing multitouch, I gain pinchToZoom and options in reader settigns, but I'm not able to set it in a way I can mantain pinchToZoom and one finger light control on the side of the screen, I have 2 figers light control or nothing
Old 11-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #171
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Did anyone try this on an Aura H2O yet? I just got mine and I am quite uncertain as to how alike they are technically.

Does it work with the newer firmwares (3.11.0 is on mine) or should I downgrade?
Markismus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #172
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Did anyone try this on an Aura H2O yet? I just got mine and I am quite uncertain as to how alike they are technically.

Does it work with the newer firmwares (3.11.0 is on mine) or should I downgrade?
If you mean light control, there's no need to do anything on an H2O. Standard fw3.11.0 allows you to change light level by dragging one finger down the extreme left edge of the screen whilst in a book. It works the same on the AuraHD (and Glo??? not sure about earlier models)

The Aura6" still works as it always did, i.e with the 2-finger drag.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #173
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@jackie_w Ah, nice!

Couldn't find a manual for H2O, so I had no idea about that gesture. Are there other gestures I should be aware off?
Old 11-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #174
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
The only other gestures I'm aware of (I don't think any of these are new):
- Pinch-Zoom works for images in kepubs (but not epubs). All models, I think.
- Pinch-Zoom can be used on the Aura6" to change font-size. The option is enabled/disabled in Reading Settings. This is too imprecise and clunky for my liking so I've disabled it.
- The Kobo Patcher has an item called `Customise PinchGestureRecognizer`, but I haven't enabled this either, so I'm not sure of its pros and cons.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:38 PM   #175
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
multitouch - version only for Kobo Glo

multitouch - version only for Kobo Glo.

changes:
tested: my Kobo Glo firmware 3.12.0
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboMultitouch3120a-Cecell3000-v003-GLO.zip (7.62 MB, 330 views)
File Type: zip Uninstall-KoboMultitouch350a-Cecell3000.zip (11.51 MB, 295 views)
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:25 AM   #176
Stremon
Stremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
multitouch - version only for Kobo Glo.

changes:
tested: my Kobo Glo firmware 3.12.0
Thanks man, this mod is awesome, it totally fixes all the issue I had with the touch screen sensitivity/reactivity! It is so much better now!
Stremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #177
diralark
diralark began at the beginning.

Device: K o b o m i n i
Thumbs up Works on kobo MINI !

Tested on my Kobo mini reading some big 150Mb pdf files. It works perfectly It s great unofficial update and my first one Many thanks Sir giorgio130 !!

Now (only for noobs) I'm gonna can explain the kobo mini method I used :
1) download KoboMultitouch320.zip (5.66 MB, 1431 views) from the first msg of this topic
2) Extract the Kobo Multitouch Zip File. Inside you’ll find a folder titled “upgrade” and another file “KoboRoot.tgz”.
3) rename "uImage" to "uImage-E50610"
4) Plug your Kobo eReader into your computer with a USB cable. On the Kobo device choose to connect to your computer when asked.
5) After connecting your Kobo device, all that is required to install the multitouch mod is to add the “upgrade” folder and the KoboRoot.tgz file to the .kobo folder on the root of the Kobo eReader drive. Do not extract the KoboRoot.tgz file.
6) After coping over the files, close the Kobo drive and choose to safely eject the device from your computer. Then unplug the USB cable and the Kobo Reader will automatically install the multi-touch hack and then restart.

Questions : Do u think I have to try this new version "KoboMultitouch3120a-Cecell3000-v003-GLO.zip " on my mini Kobo since they share the kernel ?
My mini kobo is open and I have a tree different Sd Card with a backup then I guess it cant brick (?)

Last edited by diralark; 03-24-2015 at 02:59 PM.
diralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #178
Markismus
Guru

I really like my device, but I am still pinching like it is the Kobo Aura.

What are the chances of extending this patch to the Kobo Aura H2O?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #179
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast
Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I really like my device, but I am still pinching like it is the Kobo Aura.

What are the chances of extending this patch to the Kobo Aura H2O?
hi
i have the same question , will this patch ever be added to kobo aura h2o ??
Michael.A.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:32 PM   #180
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.A.H View Post
hi
i have the same question , will this patch ever be added to kobo aura h2o ??
There's no need. We have the swipe on the left side to change the light.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote