Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Anonymous: The Three Little Pigs, v.1, 23 Nov 2008

There are these three pigs, see, and they're little, and there's this wolf. What's not to love? This is an undated English edition which I've put together from images from the Library of Congress. The illustrations are by L. Leslie Brooke.

Enjoy!

N.B. - If, like me, you would like to know what furze is, the Wikipedia has an automatic redirect to gorse - now wasn't that helpful? I'm guessing this means that the second little pig used the equivalent of pine boughs to build his rather temporary abode.

EDIT: I've been shamed into making better IMPs. Seriously, thank you, Nick. I'm posting replacements (using Nick's Mobi2IMP utility) for the one I originally created from BookDesigner. Please let me know if these are decent.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Pigs The Three Little Pigs.imp (278.0 KB, 538 views)
File Type: imp Pigs The Three Little Pigs_1200.imp (719.5 KB, 551 views)

Last edited by vivaldirules; 11-29-2008 at 02:45 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
OK, VR, your place or mine! Just PM me.

I gotta get you using Mobi2IMP. I even promise to hold your hand in a purely platonic way!

I just converted these .imp ebooks from your .prc ebook version, in under 5 seconds each!

Now these do your work justice (and I'm sorry to be the whistle blower on the BD version uploaded. )

EDIT: my .imp attachments have been replaced by newer versions by vivaldirules in post#1 above

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-29-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: replaced by newer versions by vivaldirules in post#1 above
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just finally found an IMP viewer and I guess I finally kinda see your point, Nick. Bit of a difference (he says, hanging his head in shame). I will try as you wish and then go back and redo the IMP files I've posted in the past. I didn't look very carefully at the differences between the one I generated from BD and yours. Is the main difference in the illustrations?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I just finally found an IMP viewer and I guess I finally kinda see your point, Nick. Bit of a difference (he says, hanging his head in shame). I will try as you wish and then go back and redo the IMP files I've posted in the past. I didn't look very carefully at the differences between the one I generated from BD and yours. Is the main difference in the illustrations?
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Yes, the main difference IS the illustrations.

With Mobi2IMP anyone can reconvert your old offerings (from your .prc version), if they would like. I use it all the time! This primarily affects "picture" books as BD only deals with B&W images therein.

Any text only ebooks you have done in the past would be OK, except that they will be in a smaller text font ("x-small"). There is a simple/easy TIP to allow BD to use a larger font ("small" similar to my .imp version above) in the Format Conversion forum "stickies".

However, going forward, I think you'll offer convenience (and completeness) if you post the .imp ebook version (made using Mobi2IMP instead) as well.

Just my two cents...

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-24-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

I've posted replacements (using Nick's Mobi2IMP utility) for the one I originally created from BookDesigner. Please let me know if these are decent.
Advert
Old 11-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I've posted replacements (using Nick's Mobi2IMP utility) for the one I originally created from BookDesigner. Please let me know if these are decent.
Look the (old) dog's learned a new trick. They look perfect!!!!!

Many happy converts!
Old 11-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But was the PRC created using HarryT's tutorial? The images as output from Book designer to PRC come out smaller then they should. Basically, BD makes a subpar Mobipocket eBook. But using BD and the tutorial, things can come out just fine.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But was the PRC created using HarryT's tutorial?
Hey another trick to learn?