Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
¿New sony ebook?

Photoniko in this post:

http://forokd.com/showthread.php/715...7446#post97446

Show this image about Next CES 8-11 january.

Does this mean that a new sony ebook will be shown?

What do you think?
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
New? No. The T2 will likely be there, but that's it.

I don't see anything to suggest a new Sony Reader., just a list of product categories which matches what Sony makes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm sure they'll catch up with the rest and release a front-lit higher-resolution reader at some point, but Sony seem to have fallen rather into mediocrity in the reader game over the last few years.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm sure they'll catch up with the rest and release a front-lit higher-resolution reader at some point, but Sony seem to have fallen rather into mediocrity in the reader game over the last few years.
Well, Sony seems to have blown hot and cold on ebook readers from time to time. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Sony dedicated eBook reader disappear completely.

Kind of a shame, I guess, but it seems that the inexpensive Android tablets appear to occupy the same 'ecological niche' as the eBook reader. And with all the major online ebook stores offering android reader software (including Sony), it would be understandable if an electronics manufacturer began to see dedicated readers as somewhat redundant in a sluggish economy.

And if the rumor of a small Google Nexus tablet for less than $99 proves out to be true, then I suspect the death of all dedicated readers might be near.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well I'll be buying the Sony that has built in lighting.

I've got the Kobo Glo, and quite frankly the firmware is still a work in progress - quite unfinished. (And speaking frankly, the user experience therefore sucks - especially for non-fiction reading needs)

The built in light is good, however it requires a temperature control - soft to harsh lighting - and not just grades of harsh light.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I too would consider a front-lit Sony over my current Glo, mainly for firmware reasons. As long as Sony also got rid of the silly shaped hardware buttons of the T2, and went back to the rectangular buttons of earlier models, or no buttons at all. My Sony PRS 650 is a great ereader, it just lacks the light of the Glo. I find the Glo's firmware too intrusive - it tries to enforce too many formatting options in epubs, so I have to add even more formatting to my epubs to make sure I get what I want. Plus firmware upgrades that introduce new features I don't want and break existing features I do want.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote