Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Hanvon N516 first impressions

I posted some remarks about the Hanvon N516 over on my blog. It's not a full review; that will be coming next week.
Quote:
My N516 arrived today from Fry’s. I thought I’d take a few minutes and tell you what I think. The full review will come later; I am waiting on a response from Hanvon.

It’s the 5″ E-ink model without a touch screen. I like the simple pared down elegance of the design. There are 11 buttons to the left of the screen (0-9 and bookmark), and a d-pad plus 4 buttons below the screen to the right. The power, USB, and SD card slot are on the upper edge. There is a microphone, speaker, and headphone jack on the lower edge. On the left edge is a jog dial (for turning the page).

It came in a very nice looking box modeled off of the original Kindle’s. Hanvon is making a big push into the US market; there was a sticker on the shrinkwrap with their customer service 800 number on it. The box contained the reader, AC adapter, USB cable, earbuds, and a book-like cover that’s held on by magnets.

Menu response was slow. I don’t mean that the page refresh was slow; I’m fine with that. The delay in going from one menu screen to another took far longer than a page refresh.

I’ve been trying various different ways to hold it, and I’m pretty sure one handed operation is possible. At first glance, it’s a nice eboo reader.
The review will also be posted on my blog.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Nate, is there any news on 600 series?
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
Nate, is there any news on 600 series?
That's part of why I'm waiting to hear from Hanvon. I don't know anything yet.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That's part of why I'm waiting to hear from Hanvon. I don't know anything yet.
Thank you. IMHO those series look more appealing to both eye and reason.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I'm looking forward to the review... Maybe I'll get to like my Hanvon better.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote