Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Resetting the time remaining in chapter/book on the Paperwhite

I thought this was worth passing along. If you find that your "time remaining" has gone wonky (predicting either too long or short a time), you can reset it by opening up the book you're reading, then searching for ;ReadingTimeReset . It's case sensitive.

It will get 0 hits, but after you hit the back button, it will show "learning reading speed" again.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks for this tip!
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
erasure25
Connoisseur
erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-505
Oo thanks. This will come in handy since I occassionally just set a book down or fall asleep lol...
erasure25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Great tip, thank you!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
great tip! I however now have it say "1 minute remaining" for everything. Of course it's a James Patterson book I tried it on, but still, it was longer than one minute to read a 4 page chapter. Will try it again.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Lately, I've had some difficulty with the time remaining function showing much less time than it should. Primarily, this seems to be a problem with non-Amazon books. It would be nice if I could actually read a 30-page chapter in 7 minutes, but I can't. I haven't tried the trick above, but I was able to reset the time remaining by holding the off button for about 30 seconds or so to reset the PW. This seemed to work at least on the book I was reading, but I'm not sure it worked on other books which had similar problems.

I'll try the tip next time I notice the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion!
SteveK

Last edited by SteveK; 01-09-2013 at 11:18 PM.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
GeekyGirl
GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet 16 GB
I had this issue start yesterday, with my Paperwhite showing a "time left" that is hours less than it should actually be. I tried both options: ReadingTimeReset and rebooting the device. Then I saw that the semi-colon was probably part of the reset command so I tried it and that worked. Thanks so much for posting this!
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
csmith0406
csmith0406 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Thumbs up

Thanks so much for posting this! I tried on my paperwhite with the semicolon and it worked a charm!
csmith0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Very odd. For fun I just did a similar search on my Kindle Fire HD. I typed it in wrong and searched for ;ResetTimeToRead. Of course it didn't find anything but when I hit the back arrow, it came up as learning reading speed. Maybe it doesn't matter what the search is as long as it contains a semicolon and something it can't find.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote