Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
ePatrick
ePatrick began at the beginning.

Device: android mobile ACER E130
which preferences for an newsfeed ebook with an android epub reader ?

Hi,

I like a lot the Calibre feature of downloading the newsfeeds of newspapers by generating a news-ebook.

but on my android 2.1 phone, I do not manage to display my newsbook.
I tried with free Aldiko, moon+, cool reader. I tried to open the news-ebook generated with default preferences and i get only strange characters, instead of getting the contents of the news-ebook.

1) do I have to make a specific setting inside my preferences, to set a specific output profile ?

2) do I have to use anothers readers, or non-free readers ?

Tnaks per advance for your advices and your answers
ePatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePatrick View Post
Hi,

I like a lot the Calibre feature of downloading the newsfeeds of newspapers by generating a news-ebook.

but on my android 2.1 phone, I do not manage to display my newsbook.
I tried with free Aldiko, moon+, cool reader. I tried to open the news-ebook generated with default preferences and i get only strange characters, instead of getting the contents of the news-ebook.

1) do I have to make a specific setting inside my preferences, to set a specific output profile ?

2) do I have to use anothers readers, or non-free readers ?

Tnaks per advance for your advices and your answers
I read news on my Android with Aldiko, moon+, cool reader. They all work fine and require no special settings. Does your news ebook work with the calibre reader?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
ePatrick

Hi,

please find attached here an example of news-ebook generated by Calibre, from the french newspaper LeMonde.

With the Win XP calibre reader, with the Firefox plugin epubreader, I do manage to read it. On my old java mobile, with albite reader, I was managing also to read it.

but, on android 2.1 with aldiko free, moon+, cool reader, I do not manage to read it !!!
please, could you upload the ebook provided, try it on your android mobile and say me if your reading has been successful ?

thanks per advance
Attached Files
File Type: epub Le Monde [ven., 18 nov. 2011] - calibre.epub (381.6 KB, 175 views)
Old 11-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePatrick View Post
but, on android 2.1 with aldiko free, moon+, cool reader, I do not manage to read it !!!
please, could you upload the ebook provided, try it on your android mobile and say me if your reading has been successful ?
I tested it and can read it on my phone with Cool Reader and Aldiko. I didn't try Moon+. I'm running Android 2.3.4 on my phone.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
ePatrick

Hi Starson17

I re-tried with the file provided and it workt!!!
I think I made a mistake with a previous news-epub file. Perhaps I should have made a strange operation with that previous file.

To conclude, I manage to read, with moon+ ( or with another reader) a news-epub file well generated with calibre.

So thanks to calibre, and thanks to you.

Tags
android ebook reader, calibre news toc