Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Update: A Cat, Coffee Cup and a Kindle

OK, for everyone who was keeping up with the story before.. The cat jumped on the desk and knocked the Kindle and a coffee cup on to the floor. The Kindle screen was smashed by the coffee cup.. That was in December.

So Kindle release day comes and goes.. No replacement Kindle.
I call the next day.. Ask about the status of the Kindle. Give them all the numbers, etc etc.. Finally they figure out there was something wrong with how the order was processed.. They say a supervisor has to fix it and I will get an email with shipping information in the next few days.

I get an email the next day saying that my Kindle will be shipped overnight...
I'm happy..

Today comes, I get the box.. it's big, ugh oh.. Inside is a Kindle 1. Crap!!!
I waited two and a half months for a replacement and it's not even a new one.

So I call Amazon, they tell me I can send it back and incur a restocking fee and use the credit toward the Kindle 2. So basically, if I want a new one it's gonna cost me another $65 bucks plus the case.. Almost $100.. Even after I got an email that said I was being upgraded to a Kindle 2. But since I deleted that email, they won't honor it.

I'm kinda pissed, but also just glad I have my books back..
Oh well.. could be worse.. I could still be without one..

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
geez that sucks
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
myridom
Enthusiast

So I got a survey after the calls asking if it was resolved to my satisfaction.. Course I answered no.. Later I get a $20 Kindle Book credit. So at least now I can buy a book or two...LOL

Still kinda pissed.. 2.5 months = $20, I don't think so.

Myridom
Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
You really can't find the original email that Amazon promise you a K2? See if you can dig it up in your deleted folder in your mail program.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
phoenixfire1965
phoenixfire1965 began at the beginning.

Please don't take this wrong but why should you ever expect Amazon to send you a Kindle 2? Yes you got an email which would cause disappointment from me also if you got a K1, and it sucks it took 2.5 months to get replace, however, in reality replacing it at all is a huge customer service plus for Amazon. It was accidentally broken after all. Accidental damage is never covered under normal warranty for most electronics. I would really be happy that Amazon replaced it at all and then gave you a $20 card. Way more than Sony ever would have done for you. Their customer service once told me that if I was not happy I should buy something else. So I did. A Kindle 1 in September. Should I be angry that they introduced the K2 a little more than 5 months later?

Not trying to be hostile but just my 2 cents.
phoenixfire1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
myridom
Enthusiast

Oh I get it.. But that still doesn't make me happy...LOL

As far as the email, it's gone gone.. It didnt have a tracking number or anything I thought was important so it was deleted. And I regually purge the trash due to the volumes of email I get. Orders go in the "orders" folder and everything else gets trashed..
If I didnt get hundreds of emails daily, I might do something different. But when the Outlook PST regually hovers around 2gb, you havta do it..

MyridoM
Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post
If I didnt get hundreds of emails daily, I might do something different. But when the Outlook PST regually hovers around 2gb, you havta do it..

MyridoM
Stop deleting email. It helps when you need it. Of course, you've got to stop using Outlook first.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post
Oh I get it.. But that still doesn't make me happy...LOL
So, sell your K1 and buy a K2.

BOb
Old 02-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
Vi0linha
Vi0linha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700 / iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Stop deleting email. It helps when you need it. Of course, you've got to stop using Outlook first.

BOb
I have all my e-mail since 1999, the time I migrated to outlook express.
Vi0linha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi0linha View Post
I have all my e-mail since 1999, the time I migrated to outlook express.
Wow, and you still have all the mail in Outlook express. I didn't used to save all my mail. But, important stuff. But, since I've moved to google mail I keep pretty much everything. I do delete ad type emails though. I probably shouldn't bother cause I am only using 2% of my current 7GB of space.

(Yes, I trust my email to "da man".)

BOb
Old 02-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #11
Vi0linha
Vi0linha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700 / iPhone
pilotbob,

well I delete spam, commercial offers, news, comics, that kind of stuff. But all my personal and work e-mails are still with me. Sometimes it helps me to find something I sent to someone and I need it again.
Vi0linha is offline   Reply With Quote