Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Wink A Cat, a coffee cup & a Kindle- Amazon is Awesome!

So this is my Kindle. My cat, Frank, after being repeatedly being told "NO" that he couldn't get in my lap. Went to the other side of the chair and jumped straight up on my desk knocking my Kindle & coffee cup onto the floor. The coffee cup being a huge "I need my Fraking Caffeine Mug" came down directly on the kindle screen and promptly broke the screen.

Since I have more money invested in Frank than I do the Kindle, I couldn't get mad at him. He's just very needy and I should have known better than to try and deny him.. <Bad daddy>

Anyway.. I figured I'd call Amazon find out how much it was going to cost to fix it, then wait until after Xmas to scrape up the cash to get the screen replaced.

Low and behold.. The Amazon CSR said it was covered. I asked again and made sure he knew it was my fault and not a defect. He said it was covered and they would issue me a return mailing label and would ship me out another one.

How cool is that..!

And as for Frank, he's out of the dog house. He stayed by my side for 2 days as I wretched my guts out from a new medicine made from lizard spit.. Seriously, Byetta is made from a protein found in Gila Monster saliva..
So all is forgiven.

Myridom
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Every time someone tries to make out that Amazon is the spawn of satan, I'm going to tell them this story. That's why I got a Kindle. If Sony customer service had treated me half as well, I'd probably have more Sony electronics around the house.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Since I frankly don't have a cat, or a Kindle, or drink coffee, I'm not worried.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Every time someone tries to make out that Amazon is the spawn of satan, I'm going to tell them this story. That's why I got a Kindle. If Sony customer service had treated me half as well, I'd probably have more Sony electronics around the house.
Hah! I had a Sony Reader before the Kindle came out, and I can vouchsafe for their absolutely horrible customer service. It's the pits.

myridom, you are supposed to post a pic of the cat! Congrats on getting a new K.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And thank you for being such a good daddy and not punishing your cat. A little bit of disappointment is okay, but we're glad he didn't suffer --- and even redeemed himself when you were sick. They *are* good at snuggling!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm so sorry. Mine just like to nibble the corner of the case.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
This is why I like dogs.When you tell them no, they're much more likely to listen.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post
Since I have more money invested in Frank than I do the Kindle, I couldn't get mad at him. He's just very needy and I should have known better than to try and deny him.. <Bad daddy>
Heh, my cat gets away with a lot of things. It's hard to get mad at them furry critters.

Quote:
Anyway.. I figured I'd call Amazon find out how much it was going to cost to fix it, then wait until after Xmas to scrape up the cash to get the screen replaced.

Low and behold.. The Amazon CSR said it was covered. I asked again and made sure he knew it was my fault and not a defect. He said it was covered and they would issue me a return mailing label and would ship me out another one.

How cool is that..!
That is way cool! Good on you!

Quote:

And as for Frank, he's out of the dog house. He stayed by my side for 2 days as I wretched my guts out from a new medicine made from lizard spit.. Seriously, Byetta is made from a protein found in Gila Monster saliva..
So all is forgiven.

Myridom
I think cats can sense when their human is not feeling well. I've had the same experience--my cat would stay by my side when I wasn't feeling well.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #9
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Talking Offender captured on film..

He looks so innocent here.. LOL

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
How cute. How could you possibly be mad at him?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #11
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:

MyridoM
Awwww. So pretty. Give him some ear scratches for me.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #12
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
This is why I like dogs.When you tell them no, they're much more likely to listen.
My cats have always listened to me. Then they ignore me, but they always have listened.

On the serious side, all my cats have learned early on what “No” means and I don’t have any trouble with them ignoring me unless they are chasing bugs or the like.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
How cute. How could you possibly be mad at him?
Heck, I'm mad at the monster! The poor little Kindle.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

MyridoM
I hope you don't mind, MyridoM, but I took the liberty of creating a LOLcat:

(I can remove it if you want).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #15
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:

MyridoM
I could never be mad at that face.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, broken, byetta, kindle, screen