Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Black Friday / Holiday Deals

Deals Websites -- BFAds / BlackFriday / BradsDeals / GottaDeal / SlickDeals

BF Archives -- Digital Storage Media / Home Theater / MP3 & Media Players / Tablets & eReaders

For additional discussion -- What Gadgets do you plan on Buying this Holiday Season?

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
While not quite as good as the Black Friday deal, Best Buy ALWAYS has iTunes gift cards at 15% off, any denomination.

Edit: Web only. But you can order/pay online and pickup in store.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks for the Black Friday threads, Tubemonkey.

I'm happy to see the deals on the Sansa Clip Zip mp3 players; I need a purple one!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks for the Black Friday threads, Tubemonkey.

I'm happy to see the deals on the Sansa Clip Zip mp3 players; I need a purple one!
You're welcome. I'm hoping better deals will appear for the BF online sales that will start just after midnight in the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning.

Before going to the stores and fighting the crowds, try getting it online first. I did all of my BF shopping online last year and didn't have to go out at all.

The Clip Zips aren't door busters, so they should be available through Saturday. If Best Buy sells out, chance are quite good that RadioShack will still have some. They see far less traffic on BF than Best Buy does.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
While not quite as good as the Black Friday deal, Best Buy ALWAYS has iTunes gift cards at 15% off, any denomination.

Edit: Web only. But you can order/pay online and pickup in store.
Thanks for the tip
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You're welcome. I'm hoping better deals will appear for the BF online sales that will start just after midnight in the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning.

Before going to the stores and fighting the crowds, try getting it online first. I did all of my BF shopping online last year and didn't have to go out at all.

The Clip Zips aren't door busters, so they should be available through Saturday. If Best Buy sells out, chance are quite good that RadioShack will still have some. They see far less traffic on BF than Best Buy does.
I only do my BF shopping online. In the past few years, both Best Buy and Radio Shack have had the same deals online that are in their store ads. Best Buy offers free shipping on everything, too.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I only do my BF shopping online. In the past few years, both Best Buy and Radio Shack have had the same deals online that are in their store ads. Best Buy offers free shipping on everything, too.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The Costco ad has just been posted. The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 will be $100 off and the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 will be $70 off. Not sure what the base prices will be before the discounts.

Samsung recently dropped the price of the 10.1 from $400 to $350 and the 7.0 from $250 to $200. Before the price drop, Costco was selling them for $380 and $240 respectively (and lower with instant rebates). I haven't checked Costco's prices since the price drop.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #9
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Yes, you do! I love mine... thanks to a generous microSDHC card it holds all my music, and it gives me audio books for long cardio workouts at the gym.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
[I]t gives me audio books for long cardio workouts at the gym.
Note to self: Find a Black Friday deal on a gym.

Beyond that, I'll be looking for a new laptop with glorious screen resolution (should anyone feel inclined to point out a few) and, possibly, a new smartphone and/or tablet.

Or both in one: The best deal possible on a Galaxy Note 2 (possibly for Sprint).

My grillfiend doesn't find gadgets romantic enough to be presents, so I doubt I'll be slaking her thirsts here any more than I would on Fatwallet.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Note to self: Find a Black Friday deal on a gym.

Beyond that, I'll be looking for a new laptop with glorious screen resolution (should anyone feel inclined to point out a few) and, possibly, a new smartphone and/or tablet.

Or both in one: The best deal possible on a Galaxy Note 2 (possibly for Sprint).

My grillfiend doesn't find gadgets romantic enough to be presents, so I doubt I'll be slaking her thirsts here any more than I would on Fatwallet.
There'll be lots of laptops and phones on sale. Just scan through the ads.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Oh, I know, TuMo. I only meant that people might have ideas as to which laptops have the most readable screens (as opposed to where to buy them). But that, of course, is a topic for another thread in another forum.

Not so the Note 2, since it's actually pertinent to tablet deals.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Oh, I know, TuMo. I only meant that people might have ideas as to which laptops have the most readable screens (as opposed to where to buy them). But that, of course, is a topic for another thread in another forum.

Not so the Note 2, since it's actually pertinent to tablet deals.
I don't have a problem with anyone discussing any gadget on sale during BF. The mods might care, but I don't. I'm a bit bummed that there weren't very many deals and that the deals weren't better than what's being offered; especially for ereaders. Only one (Nook ST)? What's with that? Looks like it's the year of the tablet.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Yes, you do! I love mine... thanks to a generous microSDHC card it holds all my music, and it gives me audio books for long cardio workouts at the gym.
I got the 8gb Sansa Clip Zip last year, and I have a couple of Clip+ players. I have different music genres on each, and now I want another Clip Zip just for audio books and old-time radio programs. I don't know why any buys any other brand of mp3 player--these are the best!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I got the 8gb Sansa Clip Zip last year, and I have a couple of Clip+ players. I have different music genres on each, and now I want another Clip Zip just for audio books and old-time radio programs. I don't know why any buys any other brand of mp3 player--these are the best!
Gotta agree with you there. SanDisk hit a home run with this series. Last year the 4GB was going for $30 and the 8GB for $40.

Big for old-time radio. I love those shows.