Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
APNX Files & Kindle Touch

I hope I'm posting this in the correct location!

I have found that on my Kindle Touch, while the APNX information is being transferred during the "send to device" action, the actual page # information from the APNX file that is created during the transfer is not being displayed on the Touch when I call it up. I have verified that the Device Interface Plugins settings are correct (i.e. make sure send page number information when sending books is checked).

Can someone point me in the right direction & show me what I'm doing wrong in trying to get the page # info displayed? It worked fine on my K3 (KK).

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You're not doing anything wrong. There is a good chance that Amazon has purposely made user generated APNX files not work with the Touch (and quite possibly Fire too). Until someone who can look into this issue further gets one of these devices there isn't much that can be done.

FYI, I'm the person that worked on reverse engineering the format and added APNX support to calibre. I don't have any interest in getting a K Touch or Fire so it might be some time before there is a resolution (if one is possible as the K4PC app, for example, is designed to ignore user generated APNX files on purpose).
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
You're not doing anything wrong. There is a good chance that Amazon has purposely made user generated APNX files not work with the Touch (and quite possibly Fire too). Until someone who can look into this issue further gets one of these devices there isn't much that can be done.

FYI, I'm the person that worked on reverse engineering the format and added APNX support to calibre. I don't have any interest in getting a K Touch or Fire so it might be some time before there is a resolution (if one is possible as the K4PC app, for example, is designed to ignore user generated APNX files on purpose).
Thanks, user_none, although it wasn't the answer I was hoping for! Bummer...
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
I just tried the APNX generator on my Kindle Touch because the I just purchased did not have the APNX file included, and it works.

However, is there a way for the user to "fine tune" the number of pages? because on the amazon page it shows the book has 480 pages, and I'm getting 585 pages, so it's kinda off.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@shinew - take a look at the Count Pages plugin thread in the plugins sub-forum, or the APNX thread - it is a topic that has been discussed many, many times. The plugin can only guess at an estimate based on an algorithm, and sometimes it guesses ok, and other times it does it... well you get the idea.

@user_none - did you ever give any further thought to the ideas we discussed conerning allowing your plugin to pull from a custom column?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert