Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
weasty
Enthusiast
weasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle paper white, kobo mini, nook glo, iPad 3
collections prs 300

I have the prs 300 and I can't figure out how to make collections i bought the southern vampire series and its not listed under collections how do I get it there?
weasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
nathany
Enthusiast
nathany doesn't litternathany doesn't litter

Device: Kobo h2o
With your reader plugged in, click on "Reader" in the Sony eBook Library software. Then click the little plus at the bottom to add a folder. Drag books on the reader into the folder, and rearrange as you like. That becomes your collection.

There is also a PDF manual in a folder on the device.
nathany is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #3
weasty
Enthusiast
weasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmos

Ok I got the collections thing figured out I didnt know there was a manual where is that located cuz I haven't seen it anywhere. thank you for your help btw I'm new to the sony reader this is my first one.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #4
weasty
Enthusiast

nvm found it and I got it put on the device gonna look that over will prolly help me out a bit.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathany View Post
With your reader plugged in, click on "Reader" in the Sony eBook Library software. Then click the little plus at the bottom to add a folder. Drag books on the reader into the folder, and rearrange as you like. That becomes your collection.
IMO, it's better to create the collection in the library itself, not on the device, and then drag the whole collection over (or sync it) instead of the individual books. That way if the Sony runs into a problem and drops the collection info you can just delete the books from the reader and re-drag the whole collection onto it again.

May not seem like a big deal, but I know on the 505 for awhile I was losing collection data a couple times a week.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
nathany
Enthusiast
nathany doesn't litternathany doesn't litter

Device: Kobo h2o
Thanks for the tip Brian. This is my first Sony Reader too.
nathany is offline   Reply With Quote