Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
From Kobo Glo to Sony T2

After having read a few books on the Kobo Glo I went back to my Sony T2 (whic I also liked much better than the T1). The T2 has a more responsive screen and is more comfortable to hold since the sides are rounded and weighs less. I also missed the buttons that lets turn pages with just one hand. I'm keeping the Glo for a while to see what new updates bring but
unless the Kobo Glo gets quicker I doubt I'll be using it much.

Last edited by owly; 01-11-2013 at 06:12 AM.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Owly I like my Sony 650 better than my Kobo Glo, but, my eyes need a lit screen for night reading.

So - I day read non-fiction using the 650 and night read fiction using the Glo.

It works for me.

I regard the Glo as a device in the making and if Kobo can get it's act together with better firmware then it may compete.

In the meantime I find the Glo sort of tacky compared to the feel and use of the 650.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Kobo is probably never going to get their act together with the firmware, it has been a complaint since the day the first Kobo was released. I am not sure why they have not addressed those problems yet.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
What are the major painpoints with their software other than freeze-ups? I only played around with some of them in the store, and the only thing noticeable was the lenghty registration process without which I could not operate some of them.

What makes the Sony user interface better?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
My Kobo Touch would need a hard reset at least once a day, and was dog-slow at stuff like pulling up a ToC. But I've had my Glo for a couple of weeks and it has never locked up or reset on me, and everything is very fast and smooth.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert