Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #16
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrite View Post
alot of people are complaining about the plastic gloss over the sides of T1, so maybe a case like below which covers all four sides would be cool and i would see alot of people buying into that:
True, we also think that looks better. We are developing such case now, also with a light built in it. But we will start with the basic version, the extended version will follow by the end of october.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
True, we also think that looks better. We are developing such case now, also with a light built in it. But we will start with the basic version, the extended version will follow by the end of october.
Can you show pictures of the proposed design of the light cover? How much will it be?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #18
oldgold
oldgold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi all

Am new to the forum and awaiting delivery of my new Sony Reader.

Just a quick question .. will the cover with built in light run off a separate AAA battery?

Thank you and cheers
oldgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
Hi all

Am new to the forum and awaiting delivery of my new Sony Reader.

Just a quick question .. will the cover with built in light run off a separate AAA battery?

Thank you and cheers
Welcome to MobileRead, oldgold! Yes, the lighted cover uses one AAA battery. It even came with one in the box. Good luck staying patient while you wait for your new reader to arrive!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #20
Notrite
Enthusiast
Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PB360+
Quote:
Phew ! i was close to buying the standard sony covers. Definitely will buy one once the this case comes out.
Notrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #21
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
I like the sound of that! However, be careful that the sleeve design does not interfere with the ability to tap into the corner for bookmarks.

I had a similar sleeve style case made by JAVOedge for my Nook, and the sleeve was just bulky enough to make it difficult sometimes to access menu options on the LCD screen easily. I ended up replacing it with an Oberon cover because of that.

Speaking of which, I tossed hubby's new T-1 temporarily into the old JAVOedge original Nook case, it swims in it! But I can see the look of that style of case being pretty nice being QUITE nice if fitted to the T-1.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:06 AM   #22
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Klein, nice looking cover
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:22 AM   #23
oldgold
oldgold began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, oldgold! Yes, the lighted cover uses one AAA battery. It even came with one in the box. Good luck staying patient while you wait for your new reader to arrive!
Hi Bookworm Girl, thank you for the welcome but apologies, I was referring to the new book cover (with light) that will be available from Klein.

Cheers
oldgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #24
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

I also like the cover posted by Notrite.

I don't like the shiny box of the T1 - and with this cover I will not see it ;-)
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #25
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrite View Post
alot of people are complaining about the plastic gloss over the sides of T1, so maybe a case like below which covers all four sides would be cool and i would see alot of people buying into that:
This is the case I have for my PRS-650 and I removed the inside cover holders with a sharp scalpel and steel rule. Otherwise it is a fantastic case.

Gecko covers are nicely made. I have reviewed one earlier for the Kobo and have one here for the Kobo Touch, which I cannot review properly as obtaining a Kobo Touch has become impossible at this time.

I just bit the bullet and purchased a PRS-T1.

Last edited by sabredog; 10-07-2011 at 07:02 AM.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #26
azxswq
Connoisseur
azxswq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 Black, T2 Black
I don't know if they have this any more, but the netbook Kensington neoprene pouch, is PERFECT for the T1, it fits horizontally, and you can do a easy double fold for it. To me, that is all I need. I can even clip the stylus on the inside Kensington label. $5. (Because the of the weight advantage, I never wanted to add excess weight to it.)

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Ess...9&sr=8-1-spell

I got this on AT&T wireless for about $5. from a deal they had.

No, it is not a case, but it is a perfect pouch.

Last edited by azxswq; 10-08-2011 at 07:51 AM.
azxswq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #27
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Looks nice, would wait for a built in light one
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #28
Firedb
Enthusiast
Firedb began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 8 rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
This is the case I have for my PRS-650 and I removed the inside cover holders with a sharp scalpel and steel rule. Otherwise it is a fantastic case.

Gecko covers are nicely made. I have reviewed one earlier for the Kobo and have one here for the Kobo Touch, which I cannot review properly as obtaining a Kobo Touch has become impossible at this time.

I just bit the bullet and purchased a PRS-T1.
I definately prefer a T1 cover that hides the gloss bezel, and one that does not have any inside pockets
Firedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:29 AM   #29
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
There are not many around for the T1 as yet, but my 650 does look great inside the case illustrated... once I performed excision surgery on the inside pocket.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:13 AM   #30
Mr Fujisawa
Mr Fujisawa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Can this cover be wrapped round the back when reading for holding with one hand? I have the official sony cover with light for my 650, but the edges are quite sharp and its not great at being bent round the back like that. I have a T1 coming and no case bought so trying to see what's out there
Mr Fujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote