Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #1
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
Overdrive problems?

Recently I've been having trouble getting elibrary books (eg through overdrive) to transfer to my device a much loved Sony505.

The books download from the library OK, and are completely readable in ADE. However when I transfer them to the Sony, maybe 50% or so only have 1 page (protected page) as the contents. Doesn't seem to matter whether I do it one at a time or as a batch. Deleting the books and re-transferring makes no difference, if it didn't work the first time it doesn't work. Returning the book to library and redownloading a new copy sometimes works - so it isn't the library file, and it is readable in ADE anyway.

Any thought son how to avoid this or what is causing it?
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Do you have DRM'd ePub's and PDF's on the reader at the same time? I know that used to cause the problem you describe. Don't know if Sony ever fixed it or not.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
Ah that may well be the issue. I hope it's only Overdrive books that get effected. I'd be extremely annoyed if paid for files were effected too.

Maybe I only select one format Overdrive books in any given session.

Thanks
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
In the past it was any DRM'd file (Overdrive doesn't use different DRM, it just uses an expiring license).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote