Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
New option "Automatic Book Update"

I see there is a new option on the Manage Your Kindle page, "Automatic Book Update". Although I don't think I'll be using it myself I thought I'd mention it in case it interests others.

Quote:
Automatic Book Update
Opt in for automatic book updates to receive new versions of your books when we have confirmed that improvements were made. In order to retain your notes, highlights, bookmarks and furthest reading locations, ensure that all your Kindle devices and reading apps have the "Annotation Back Up" setting turned on.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's been there for about 6 months on Amazon UK, and I've rather struggled with it. (At least on Amazon UK) what they've done is removed the "Items with available updates" selection in the dropdown list at the top of the library listing, and provided that instead. The effects are two-fold:

1. There's now no way to see what books have updates.
2. When a book is updated via automatic book update, there's no way for you to know that it's been updated.

I've had lengthy arguments with quite senior Amazon UK management about this, but got nowhere. It's a real step backwards in terms of ease of use of your Kindle library, to my mind.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I noticed that new option several days ago in Manage Your Kindle. It was also mentioned in an email from Amazon regarding an available book update that I just received.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's been there for about 6 months on Amazon UK, and I've rather struggled with it. (At least on Amazon UK) what they've done is removed the "Items with available updates" selection in the dropdown list at the top of the library listing, and provided that instead. The effects are two-fold:

1. There's now no way to see what books have updates.
2. When a book is updated via automatic book update, there's no way for you to know that it's been updated.

I've had lengthy arguments with quite senior Amazon UK management about this, but got nowhere. It's a real step backwards in terms of ease of use of your Kindle library, to my mind.
That would be a problem for those of us who keep their own backups.

The option to turn on automatic updates was near the bottom of the page. I left it off. The regular update option was still on the drop down menu. I hope they leave it.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote