Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
eject device ( kindle 3 - Win 7 - 64)

i see from other threads that K3 can only be fully ejected via My computer - right click kindle drive letter - eject.

but what's the reason that eject via Calibre menu only partially works.i.e. it does cause the drive to vanish in Windows but Kindle device continues to show its "connected via USB" - eject me to read " screen ?

is this a bug in Calibre , or an inevitable consequence of how Windows 7 / Kindle 3 communicate ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Based on other posts, it appears to be a change (flaw, bug, intentional, ... ?) in Windows behavior starting with Vista.

Even Windows' own "Safely Remove Hardware" function, found in the Tray on the Task Bar, has the same "flaw". It doesn't completely disable some of the USB signaling leaving the attached Kindle thinking it is still connected. It seems the Eject function on the Context Menu in an Explorer window is the only way to completely disconnect the device allowing it to switch back to reader mode.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert